Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Besides aesthetics, is a steel Colnago really better than a steel Nishiki?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Besides aesthetics, is a steel Colnago really better than a steel Nishiki?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-18, 03:43 PM
since6

Bikes: Stevenson Custom, Stevenson Custom Tandem, Nishiki Professional

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked 196 Times in 128 Posts
Salamandrine yes I did get that bike, it is the Black and Red Nishiki Professional in my post #23 pictures. It was also the bike that started me into the world of vintage bikes and this forum. Since it's purchase I found its older sibling the Silver and Blue Nishiki Professional/Katakura-Silk.

And no, neither is my Custom Stevenson, but they are both very nice in quite different ways.

If you search for Nishiki Professional/Katakura-Silk and/or Nishiki Professional Nuovo Record you should find my posts and pictures of these bikes and their restoration.

All are ridden though for the Black and Red Nishiki Professional I have restored it to specification just as it was sold as a racing bike (but no tubular tires or narrow now 28c tires) so it's rides are more limited, as I no longer have a Cosworth V-8 Forumula-1 engine/body, but it's fun to take out and remember from time to time, and then suffer the next day.
Old 06-21-18, 01:19 PM
carlos danger

Bikes: steel is real. and so is Ti...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Obeast
I parked my road bike next to a Colnago the other day. Got campy Chorus and everything but I am not impressed. Is the Colnago more about pedigree? My bike got lugs, shifts properly, and has a sticker that reads "handmade in Japan" on the frame with nearly all the components made in Japan.
basically it boils dow to is you want your downtube to say "colnago" or "nishiki"

I'd rather have mine say colango but thats just me.