Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Campy Chorus ct 10sp Q

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Campy Chorus ct 10sp Q

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-24, 09:40 AM
GENESTARWIND

Bikes: purty blue undefeated II 57cm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
Campy Chorus ct 10sp Q

Buddy of mine has a bike with this group set and during a ride the threaded insert for the left crank arm sheared and ripped out.

He says he cannot mix in a different crankset to replace it if it is not from the same groupset, something he read from campagnolo. I'm under the impression he could swap it out for an 11sp or whatever but some input would be appreciated .
Old 04-10-24, 01:50 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8288 Post(s)
Liked 9,067 Times in 4,484 Posts
Originally Posted by GENESTARWIND
Buddy of mine has a bike with this group set and during a ride the threaded insert for the left crank arm sheared and ripped out.

He says he cannot mix in a different crankset to replace it if it is not from the same groupset, something he read from campagnolo. I'm under the impression he could swap it out for an 11sp or whatever but some input would be appreciated .
Is it an Ultra-Torque bottom bracket? If so, I think any Ultra-Torque crank will work. I have Chorus 10 and I replaced the crank with a Fulcrum Racing crank and later a Chorus 11 speed crank. No modifications needed.
Likes For big john:
Old 04-11-24, 09:48 AM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1823 Post(s)
Liked 1,697 Times in 977 Posts
Age made it necessary for me to switch to compact cranks. One of my bikes has a Chorus 10 speed setup and the other is a Chorus/Record mix. Both bikes went from the original Chorus square taper to Ultra torque cranks, but when I decided to go to compact cranks 10 speed compact ultra torque cranks were pretty much impossible to find. So, I bought a couple of Chorus 4 arm 11 speed Ultra Torque cranksets to make my bike more user friendly for my 72 year old legs. They work fine even though Campagnolo probably doesn't recommend them.
Old 04-11-24, 03:19 PM
GENESTARWIND

Bikes: purty blue undefeated II 57cm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
t

these guys right here.
Old 04-11-24, 03:38 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8288 Post(s)
Liked 9,067 Times in 4,484 Posts
Originally Posted by GENESTARWIND
t

these guys right here.
Yes, that's Ultra Torque. Pretty tough to find a 10 speed Chorus crank but I did find a used 11 speed which works fine. The rings will work from the 10 onto the 11 but the 10 uses bolts and nuts but the 11 has threaded holes in the small ring, iirc.
A Fulcrum Racing Ultra Torque will also fit.

Last edited by big john; 04-11-24 at 03:52 PM.