Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

'84 Torpado Super Racing

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

'84 Torpado Super Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-23, 01:32 PM
LesterIzmore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
'84 Torpado Super Racing

New to forum. I have a 1984 Torpado Super Racing size 49cm (center BB to center top tube) in exceptional condition with all original campy components (13-22 cassette and 52/42 rings) per the spec sheet including to the saddle and rims (though perhaps not the tires). I wanted to post it for sale but was rejected in that sub-forum. Don't know why. Advice on posting this? Note, this is on behalf of a non-profit (The Bike Connector in Lowell). Bike was restored by a volunteer and is not the sort of bike we deal with normally - outside of our mission.
Old 10-27-23, 01:39 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4513 Post(s)
Liked 6,389 Times in 3,674 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterIzmore
New to forum. I have a 1984 Torpado Super Racing size 49cm (center BB to center top tube) in exceptional condition with all original campy components (13-22 cassette and 52/42 rings) per the spec sheet including to the saddle and rims (though perhaps not the tires). I wanted to post it for sale but was rejected in that sub-forum. Don't know why. Advice on posting this? Note, this is on behalf of a non-profit (The Bike Connector in Lowell). Bike was restored by a volunteer and is not the sort of bike we deal with normally - outside of our mission.
You have to buy a paid membership to post in For Sale.

You have to have 10 posts for pics which we normally insist on but if you just came to sell, well.....

Torpado is certainly a legacy brand but an 84 is not really vintage for them, 74 yes, 84 not so much, cool none the less.
Old 10-27-23, 02:32 PM
LesterIzmore

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Ach - sorry! Can close this thread then. I will post for sale to CraigsList. Thanks.
Likes For LesterIzmore:
Old 10-27-23, 03:07 PM
Erzulis Boat 
Le Crocodile

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Liked 787 Times in 311 Posts
Originally Posted by LesterIzmore
That's a pretty detailed description for a bike that you cannot sell on this site, it's almost as if................

But since it's on the behalf of a non profit (that undoubtedly benefits children) maybe you can get an exception!