Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Bike rack for 3 e-bikes

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Bike rack for 3 e-bikes

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-23, 07:27 PM
boggy

Bikes: 2018 Electra Townie Commute GO! 8i, 2019 Electra Townie GO! 7d, 2023 Cannondale Adventure Neo Allroad Speed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 2old
I think you'll love the simplicity and quality of the 1UP. We've been using ours (MTB - no "e") for a couple of weeks and it's magnificent. Easy, rapid on and off. The only "trick" was to stagger the bikes (nose to tail for ours) in a manner that the seat post of one didn't interfere with the handlebars of the other (didn't take a brain surgeon to figure that out).
Hey, do any of your bikes have rear rack by any chance? All three of my e-bikes have rear racks, and two of them had set of fenders that I have removed today. The rear racks are still there, and I would hate to remove them. I use high security bike lock for each, and that’s where I transport those for each bike, those are too heavy to haul elsewhere. We do enjoy making stops and going on foot few times during our weekend rides, and that’s where those locks come in handy.

Question is, will 1UP rack arms fit between the rear tires and the racks? I asked 1UP, and they did not respond yet.
Old 06-26-23, 07:37 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 883 Post(s)
Liked 824 Times in 623 Posts
Originally Posted by boggy
Hey, do any of your bikes have rear rack by any chance? All three of my e-bikes have rear racks, and two of them had set of fenders that I have removed today. The rear racks are still there, and I would hate to remove them. I use high security bike lock for each, and that’s where I transport those for each bike, those are too heavy to haul elsewhere. We do enjoy making stops and going on foot few times during our weekend rides, and that’s where those locks come in handy.

Question is, will 1UP rack arms fit between the rear tires and the racks? I asked 1UP, and they did not respond yet.
No racks; our bikes are MTB's; I'm pretty sure the rack "arms" will contact your racks. However if we ever get to bike packing, we'll need a solution, probably seatpost racks with quick releases. IUP is good about answering the phone, and may have a solution.
Old 06-26-23, 08:27 PM
boggy

Bikes: 2018 Electra Townie Commute GO! 8i, 2019 Electra Townie GO! 7d, 2023 Cannondale Adventure Neo Allroad Speed

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
No racks; our bikes are MTB's; I'm pretty sure the rack "arms" will contact your racks. However if we ever get to bike packing, we'll need a solution, probably seatpost racks with quick releases. IUP is good about answering the phone, and may have a solution.
All right. I have a feeling that without fenders bikes should work out fine even with rear racks on. Once I get the hitch rack, I will make some photos with bikes on it. I made some photos with strap setup, but I decided against posting photos due to the way some of the people here reacted to the idea.
Old 06-26-23, 08:55 PM
2old

I hope the 1UP works for you; my guess was just that (and uneducated too). Your attempted solution with the other system was brilliant, just turned out to be infeasible. Good luck! BTW, the ignore function is very useful on this site.

Last edited by 2old; 06-26-23 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-30-23, 07:15 PM
boggy

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
I hope the 1UP works for you; my guess was just that (and uneducated too). Your attempted solution with the other system was brilliant, just turned out to be infeasible. Good luck! BTW, the ignore function is very useful on this site.
​​​​
Thank you so very much. Very impressed with rack build quality, it’s very solid on the go, nothing is moving and bikes don’t bump into each other. Also support arms fit between tires and pannier racks, it’s an outstanding rack for my purposes. Thank you again!

Last edited by boggy; 06-30-23 at 07:28 PM.
Likes For boggy:
Old 06-30-23, 11:05 PM
2old

I'm really glad it worked great for you. Those arms nestle between the rack very well..
Old 07-04-23, 08:53 AM
Pop N Wood

Bikes: 1982 Bianchi Sport SX, Rayleigh Tamland 1, Rans V-Rex recumbent, Fuji MTB, 80's Cannondale MTB with BBSHD ebike motor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked 529 Times in 355 Posts
​​​​
Thank you so very much. Very impressed with rack build quality, it’s very solid on the go, nothing is moving and bikes don’t bump into each other. Also support arms fit between tires and pannier racks, it’s an outstanding rack for my purposes. Thank you again!
That looks like a super nice rack. What model is that? Went to their website and all I'm finding is 2 bike racks.
Old 07-04-23, 10:24 AM
boggy

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
That looks like a super nice rack. What model is that? Went to their website and all I'm finding is 2 bike racks.
They sell single or double super duty rack, which is exactly identical to heavy duty rack except it has additional thick bar under each tray.

You may add up to two additional trays to an existing rack, so you can turn double into triple, or even quad.

For super duty load capacity is 75lbs per tray for up to three bikes, with 4 bikes you would have to keep it down to 50lb per bike if loading all 4.

Last edited by boggy; 07-04-23 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-04-23, 11:23 AM
Pop N Wood

Bikes: 1982 Bianchi Sport SX, Rayleigh Tamland 1, Rans V-Rex recumbent, Fuji MTB, 80's Cannondale MTB with BBSHD ebike motor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked 529 Times in 355 Posts
They sell single or double super duty rack, which is exactly identical to heavy duty rack except it has additional thick bar under each tray.

You may add up to two additional trays to an existing rack, so you can turn double into triple, or even quad.

For super duty load capacity is 75lbs per tray for up to three bikes, with 4 bikes you would have to keep it down to 50lb per bike if loading all 4.
Thank you. After looking more closely I see the additional trays. The website didn't make that very obvious

Expensive rack but looks extremely well made.