Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Guerciotti - Frame ID / Info?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-22, 01:14 PM
GullyFoylesbike
*____*

Bikes: 1984 Gitane Grantour, 197X Serotta Club Special, 1983 Trek 720

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 31 Posts
Guerciotti - Frame ID / Info?

I'm looking at this frameset that recently went up near me - but I know nothing about Guerciottis so I wanted to see if anyone here could provide more info. The unicrown fork seems a little odd to me - does that look like it's original? I also can't identify the frame, the only identifier is the script / signature. Sticker indicates EL/OS tubing, which is part of why I'm interested in it. Thanks!

[EDIT] Someone beat me to it - I had a *feeling* that $200 was a nutty price for that frame, I should have just gone for it. Ah well, I didn't actually need it.

Last edited by GullyFoylesbike; 11-19-22 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-19-22, 05:54 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
Wow, yep one of those jump right on it deals. That is a beauty!
Old 11-19-22, 07:20 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 790 Post(s)
Liked 1,767 Times in 635 Posts
Nice frame too bad you didn't get the OS tubing with partially internal brazing seems to indicate late 80's the fork does look to be a top end Columbus fork from that time frame so likely original.. As for value the asking price was fmv for a local sale if not bit on the low side.