Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Camera + Bosch Performance Line CX (Gen 4)

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-24, 06:04 AM
Aushiker

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker, Salsa Mukluk, Riese & Muller Supercharger GT Rohloff (Forthcoming)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts

I have an Innovv K5 front and rear camera system, which has come off my motorcycle, and I was interested in seeing if it was possible to run it with a Bosch Performance Line CX (Gen4) (Smart System) as fitted to my forthcoming Riese and Muller Supercharger GT Rohloff. I am assuming a 2023 build.

It comes with a converter with the following specifications:

Voltage Input: 9-18V
ACC Input: 9-18V
Voltage Output: 5.3V +/- 0.2V
Max current: 2A

Is there an auxiliary output from the Bosch Performance Line CX (Gen4) that could possibly power the camera? Has anyone tried doing this or similar? I have seen some discussion of lights at the EMTB forums, which is not encouraging, but hey, if you do not ask …
Old 01-01-24, 03:25 PM
TmMc

Bikes: 1983 Miyata 710, 1983 Koga Miyata Pro-Am-B, 1984 Koga Miyata Flyer, 1983 Univega Competizione, 1984 Univega SuperStrada, 1991 Bridgestone RB-2, 2014 Haibike euro-spec Superrace, 2015 Haibike RX29, 2018 Haibike AllMtn 8.0, 2018 Haibike Urban S 5.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 11 Posts
I should preface this that my ebikes have Gen 2 and Gen 3 ... but figuring that Bosch would be consistent in their designs, the plug receptor layout for Gen 4 may be similar.

There are plug receptors along the left side of Bosch motors, inside the outer cosmetic cover. Two of these receptors are for lights, with consistent outputs.

See attached - I think the two receptors for lights may also work for an auxiliary system. You should test these receptors' outputs before risking your camera system.

You would also need to splice together your camera system lead with Bosch's proprietary lead and their plug

Last edited by TmMc; 01-01-24 at 03:28 PM.
Likes For TmMc:
Old 01-01-24, 06:26 PM
Aushiker

Bikes: Surly Long Haul Trucker, Salsa Mukluk, Riese & Muller Supercharger GT Rohloff (Forthcoming)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by TmMc
I should preface this that my ebikes have Gen 2 and Gen 3 ... but figuring that Bosch would be consistent in their designs, the plug receptor layout for Gen 4 may be similar.

There are plug receptors along the left side of Bosch motors, inside the outer cosmetic cover. Two of these receptors are for lights, with consistent outputs.

See attached - I think the two receptors for lights may also work for an auxiliary system. You should test these receptors' outputs before risking your camera system.

You would also need to splice together your camera system lead with Bosch's proprietary lead and their plug.
Thanks. This looks like it will do the trick. I will talk to the LBS to ensure that they are activated.