Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Maillard 700 cones....

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Maillard 700 cones....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-24, 05:24 PM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,563 Times in 757 Posts
Originally Posted by Mad Honk
So it seems my sending copious amounts of "Crap" to ehcoplex has resulted in another lost sale of Campy goodness! Now he needs to step up and show us pictures of his "Hack" for the repair, and give all of the gory details of the transplant. Smiles, MH
Pictures pending the 3D-printed dust caps!
Old 02-24-24, 05:37 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Liked 1,912 Times in 1,142 Posts
Originally Posted by ehcoplex
Yeah, same thing happened to me when I cleaned my hubs. I caught it before the label was completely gone, but it ain't as nice and shiny as it once was.....
Greg sells them in pairs and I have two on the way. I am likely only going to use one, so I may have a spare. The hub cleaned nicely and the cones cleaned well also, but I found bent axle on the first one. How do you bend a front axle? Smiles, MH