Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Litepro Velocity

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Litepro Velocity

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-18, 03:00 AM
Abu Mahendra

Bikes: In service - FSIR Spin 3.0, Bannard Sunny minivelo, Dahon Dash Altena folder. Several others in construction or temporarily decommissioned.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 897 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Litepro Velocity 406/451

Content deleted by OP due to false accussation of financial interest.

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 07-14-18 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-13-18, 05:13 AM
splithub

Bikes: FSIR Spin 2.0/Spin 5.1 Noahhk iF10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Feel a bit reminded that Tern cancelled contract with a frame factory ;-) ..and the question when, where and under what brand label the already brazed will be recycled. Just kidding..
Old 07-13-18, 09:46 AM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
You Own a tourist resort Hotel there?
Old 07-13-18, 10:16 AM
Abu Mahendra

Bikes: In service - FSIR Spin 3.0, Bannard Sunny minivelo, Dahon Dash Altena folder. Several others in construction or temporarily decommissioned.

Originally Posted by fietsbob
You Own a tourist resort Hotel there?
No. Why?
Old 07-13-18, 09:35 PM
Abu Mahendra

Originally Posted by splithub
Feel a bit reminded that Tern cancelled contract with a frame factory ;-) ..and the question when, where and under what brand label the already brazed will be recycled. Just kidding..
It seems that Litepro has been in the frameset business for a couple of years under the brand of Crius. The FnHons are either 305/349 or steel, neither of which Tern makes. In any case, the prices--$150 for a frameset--has a democratizing effect on the folding bike segment, and helps it make it more mainstream and accesible by going beyond expensive, boutique brands.
Old 07-13-18, 11:38 PM
Kabuto

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Abu Mahendra
Litepro's selling framesets now. Here is a 406/451 Litepro Velocity on display at a LBS. Very nice finish in a gorgeous celeste color. Alu alloy, frame & fork 2.8kg. Frameset, RD hanger & seatpost clamp $150.
Nice looking frame. Is it basically a Dahon Vector frame? Where is LBS?
Old 07-14-18, 01:07 AM
Abu Mahendra

Originally Posted by jonmanjiro
Nice looking frame. Is it basically a Dahon Vector frame? Where is LBS?
yes, quite attractive. Don't know Dahon Vector, so i can't say. The LBS is in Jakarta, Indonesia...
Old 07-14-18, 03:49 AM
Abu Mahendra

Litepro Master Disc 406/451

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 07-14-18 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-14-18, 09:58 AM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 91 Times in 74 Posts
This thread is an ad.
Old 07-14-18, 10:13 AM
splithub

Bikes: FSIR Spin 2.0/Spin 5.1 Noahhk iF10

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
It seems that Litepro has been in the frameset business for a couple of years under the brand of Crius. The FnHons are either 305/349 or steel, neither of which Tern makes. In any case, the prices--$150 for a frameset--has a democratizing effect on the folding bike segment, and helps it make it more mainstream and accesible by going beyond expensive, boutique brands.
..i'm referring to the blue one only. Looks to me like material that was supposed to become a Tern Verge. Alloy hydroforming is expensive ;-)
I always look for affordable frame sets to build bikes for friends and family with swapped-out-for-upgrade-components from my own folders. The blue one would be gorgeous but is out of my reach here.
Old 07-14-18, 03:33 PM
termv

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Remi
This thread is an ad.
Looks like it.

But the frames look good.
Old 07-14-18, 04:38 PM
bike.gang.uk

Bikes: Brompton H3L, RAF, M3L, Dahon, Giant NRS, GT

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
Litepro's selling framesets now. Here is a 406/451 Litepro Velocity on display at a LBS. ....
Any assembled demo bike?
Old 07-14-18, 04:56 PM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Originally Posted by termv
Looks like it.

But the frames look good.
They're lovely, but this guy who keeps pushing frames available in Indonesia - often while talking major smack about competing brands - also seems to have a knack for posting pics from "his LBS", plus promotional photos in every color, with weight and price. Convenient, eh?
Old 07-14-18, 06:10 PM
Abu Mahendra

I can assure you 100% that i am not in the bike business, or any business, and that i have no financial interest, direct or indirect, in the info posted here. Prices were posted to provide perspective.

I am presently in Jakarta so I thought I'd visit the LBSs here, and share what's on offer. The intent of the thread was to add to the knowledge base of the forum.

I have taken down all posts in order to remove any doubt about my intentions.

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 07-14-18 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-14-18, 06:12 PM
termv

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
They're lovely, but this guy who keeps pushing frames available in Indonesia - often while talking major smack about competing brands - also seems to have a knack for posting pics from "his LBS", plus promotional photos in every color, with weight and price. Convenient, eh?
A little bit too convenient.

That is the reason to have well lubed Administrators.

They take out the excessive oil(spam).
Old 07-14-18, 06:22 PM
Roegmann

Bikes: Pacific Cycles GT, Downtube Mini 2015 version, LitePro Crius 14"

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Crius owner

I can attest to the Litepro frame quality. I got a Crius 3.0 a couple of years ago. I love that bike (so does my kid unfortunately). It’s fast, convenient, and just plain fun (junior does tricks with it). That being said, I’m 5-8, 170# (not exactly linebacker stock).

Hi Abu. Good “seeing” you. Keep the information flowing.
Old 07-14-18, 08:27 PM
Joe Remi

Life's been tough for you the last couple days, eh? That's going to happen when you spend a couple years trolling a Folding Bike forum pushing your particular brand, while taking weird political shots at anybody who rides a British or American bike. SPOILER: Nobody minds if FnHon or Crius or LitePro makes bikes. Everybody gets to choose whatever they want from whatever country they want. We don't even care if you post your smallwheelers that don't fold as long as you leave people alone. When you start bashing Brompton and Bike Friday while pushing stuff you see in Indonesia, it starts to look like you're selling something.
Old 07-14-18, 08:57 PM
tmesis

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Life's been tough for you the last couple days, eh? That's going to happen when you spend a couple years trolling a Folding Bike forum pushing your particular brand, while taking weird political shots at anybody who rides a British or American bike. SPOILER: Nobody minds if FnHon or Crius or LitePro makes bikes. Everybody gets to choose whatever they want from whatever country they want. We don't even care if you post your smallwheelers that don't fold as long as you leave people alone. When you start bashing Brompton and Bike Friday while pushing stuff you see in Indonesia, it starts to look like you're selling something.
My two bikes are a Brompton and a Bike Friday, two brands Abu Mahendra has criticized here as overpriced and cultish. I think there's some merit to this perspective, and I enjoy reading his posts. I don't think he's a shill, and I'm sorry to see that he took down this thread.
Old 07-14-18, 09:50 PM
Abu Mahendra

Originally Posted by bike.gang.uk
Any assembled demo bike?
No, not for these frames. The LBS did have, however, a demo FnHon Gust complete bike (which i took for a spin).
Old 07-15-18, 07:07 PM
Joe Remi

Thanks. You are sufficiently self-aware, thoughtful and intelligent enough to recognize the phenomena--rather than brushing it aside and calling it talking smack. Yes, too bad the content and my intent was impugned. I have taken down similar content. It is a loss for the knowledge base of the channel. Not my loss - i have the information, I live in the world region with greatest variety of folders. Cheers...
Your bizarre political comments about the workforce who build British and American folders went way beyond thoughts of "bike cults", which is why they were deleted. Your insistence that bikes from your side of the world are The Good And Right Way are absurd, and render any criticism of Bromptons or Bike Fridays moot. You're a troll.
Old 07-15-18, 07:21 PM
Abu Mahendra

Life's tough? Hardly, Joe. I've been on vacation, away from work since last year. Went on holiday to Thailand in January.

I've done two overseas bike tours.

Finished building a bike. Bought another one. Bought a house. Right now I am the road travelling once again to satisfy my photography hobby. Next month I am going to Singapore on holiday. Family's well and healthy. I am in great health, and good physical condition. I live in Bali where I hear the song of birds in the morning, of frogs and crickets at night. Life's quite swell actually.

View of the West Java rice fields whizzing by my window on the train. Life's real tough...

The ability to discern false positives and false negatives is a core component of intelligence. You fell for a false positive, and laid a baseless accusation. To add insult to injury, you now lay the blame at my feet. By impugning my intent, you did not hurt me for i posses the info. Instead your baseless accusation only served to reduce the channels knowledge base. Bravo, Joe!

Spoiler - before you (and I) arrived on the forum, this channel, the Folding Bicycle channel--had embraced mini-velos. Look at the 'Bikes We Like' thread going back to 2013, for example. That thread's first (and many subsequent posts by the range of members here) is of a minivelo. In fact, recognizing the commonalities and similarities between folders and minivelos, there was once a discussion about having the channel renamed to reflect that reality. You are simply out to touch re. minivelos on this channel.
Old 07-15-18, 07:26 PM
Joe Remi

You answered the same reply twice in two days with the same weird bragging about this that and the other thing in your life. Nice work 👍
Old 07-15-18, 08:18 PM
Abu Mahendra

Your bizarre political comments about the workforce who build British and American folders went way beyond thoughts of "bike cults", which is why they were deleted. Your insistence that bikes from your side of the world are The Good And Right Way are absurd, and render any criticism of Bromptons or Bike Fridays moot. You're a troll.
you are either not bright enough to understand the arguments, arguments that others--including B & BG owners themselves--have said have merit, or you maliciously and willfully distort the arguments in order to brush them aside. Your comments on this post alone are logical non-sequiteurs, and perverse distorsion of my arguments.

in your unrelenting opposition to my arguments, in your unwillingness to cede one inch, in your incapacity to articulate a rebuttal beyond 'you are a troll', in your wicked distorsion of my arguments, you are unwittingly providing support to my arguments of evangelical cultism, inquisitorial zeal against heresy. You, Joe, are in a real, concrete sense the personification of the cultist, of the cult mentality. You are the very evidence of my argument. The more absolute and strident your opposition, the stronger my case for cultism grows. You, Joe, are the cultist of which I speak.

Last edited by Abu Mahendra; 07-15-18 at 08:22 PM.
Old 07-15-18, 08:25 PM
Joe Remi

Dude, you have a slavish devotion to Dahon copies and you're babbling about cults. As the kids say, LOL.
Old 07-16-18, 08:59 AM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 901 Posts
Enough.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.