Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Seating tires with a compressor

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Seating tires with a compressor

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-24, 12:42 PM
sean.hwy

Bikes: Blur / Ibis Hakka MX / team machince alr2 / topstone 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 201 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
Airshot is portable, but the rest of it makes no sense. If your compressor setup is failing to an AirShot, it’s simply set up incorrectly. Maybe it’s tank size, inflator head, pump CFM, hose diameter, or a combo of problems, but pressurized air volume goes up with more hose, giving more working time to get those beads up. There is simply no reason an AirShot should outperform a compressor.

I seat road tires all the time off +50ft of hose and a 4.5gal tank on a compressor rated for 3.0 scfm at 90psi. I keep the system charged to 150psi, and can seat a pair of tires without even running the compressor (IIRC; I don’t really pay attention because I don’t have to. It just works seamlessly).
A lot of the smaller compressors only do 125 psi or less. add in some crappy 1/4 25 ft. Recoil Nylon Air Hose hose several coupling attachments etc.... that will produce less burst air than a charge canister.

A 150 psi, 2 gallon+ tank air compressor with 3/8 air hose, high flow fittings with soft nose blow gun is a lot better than charge canister.
Old 03-19-24, 10:10 AM
b88

Bikes: Specialized

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 44 Posts
I’m using a Topeak Joeblow booster pump to inflate tubeless. Of course it’s easy to seat because I’m also using the Filmore high flow valves which has no valve core.
Old 03-20-24, 11:42 AM
tankist

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 157 Times in 55 Posts
CO2 cartridges work fine for me.