Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

3rd Annual Commuter Challenge

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-24, 10:13 AM
jaxy357

Bikes: '23 Specialized Roll 3.0 low entry, 'Lectric Lite folding bike, beater mountain bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 43 Posts

[also posted in Mid-Atlantic regional discussion section]

Hi everyone, for your consideration, the Commuter Challenge on Monkey Hill is a fun event benefitting Urban Bike Project of Wilmington. Riders are encouraged to dress for work and carry lots of weight on their bikes. This is the kickoff event for the Wilmington Grand Prix time trial and criterium race the next day. I'll be competing in a dress again this year. Thanks for considering joining the effort! https://www.urbanbikeproject.com/commuter-challenge/
Likes For jaxy357:
Old 04-04-24, 02:29 PM
milesfromhome

Bikes: 1988 Peugeot Jubilee (New to me!), Blix Vika+ (folding!), Cannondale Quick (so practical!)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Love it! A little far for me but good luck.

I feel like every time I get on the train with a bike wearing a suit someone else decides they should pull out their old bike and try it. It is the reverse of getting on in lycra and clippy clop slopes and they look at you like an alien (I do both, depending on lots, of course).
Old 04-06-24, 09:35 AM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Quoted: 7353 Post(s)
Liked 2,483 Times in 1,441 Posts
I wear a dress shirt and tie while bike commuting. I suspect I look weird. I admit that I enjoy that.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Old 04-08-24, 06:39 AM
jaxy357

Bikes: '23 Specialized Roll 3.0 low entry, 'Lectric Lite folding bike, beater mountain bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
I wear a dress shirt and tie while bike commuting. I suspect I look weird. I admit that I enjoy that.
I've heard it referred to as "bike chic".