Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Zwift

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-15, 02:21 PM
Valsgarde

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zwift

Anyone using this or had any experiences with it? If so, what trainer do you use?

Going to invest in one for the winter and would like to get one compatible with Zwift, If it's any use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg3_EKqNzK0
Old 06-19-15, 02:30 PM
Valsgarde

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Apologies, someone's already posted regarding this but it didn't appear in my search before I posted this. Can't find how to delete it either.
Old 06-19-15, 02:51 PM
MagicHour

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
I'll respond anyway. Freakin love it! I started using last month to keep riding through an injury and it makes it very easy to log 6+ hours of trainer time/ a wk.

For trainers look at the Zwift site and they give ideas for various set ups depending on your budget. I run a basic setup with a Kurt Kinetic road machine using calculated virtual "ZPower", the next step up would be a classic trainer + real on-bike Power meter, and finally the top of the line setup would be a Smart trainer like the Wahoo Kickr, which will give the added dimension of the game adjusting resistance based on terrain.

The classic setup with Zpower is fine for my recreational purposes, and shifting up to simulate climbing segments really isn't a big deal. I am enjoying training using power though, so I could see moving up to an on-bike Power meter some day when the prices come down even more-there's increasing competition in this space lately.
Old 06-20-15, 10:11 AM
Valsgarde

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cheers MagicHour! On the other thread it seems to be getting quite positive feedback. I'm definitely going to give it a try as where I live our winters are long, dark, windy and wet so this will be a definite advantage. I'm not going down the power meter as yet so will just try and find a decent trainer and use my Garmin.
Old 06-21-15, 06:08 PM
macca33

Bikes: 2017 Ridley Noah SL - Candy Apple DA9000, 2011 CAAD10 Berzerker Ult6800, 2013 FOCUS Mares CX Ult6800

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Zwift is good - if you have to ride indoors. I am using a Wahoo Kickr and it is fantastic - adjusts the resistance automatically accoridn gto the gradients.

A lot of fun and there is a growing number of group rides, etc.

cheers
Old 06-22-15, 09:03 AM
RPK79
Custom User Title

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix Pro & Quintana Roo Kilo

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2863 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 14 Posts
I'm definitely going to be using Zwift this winter.
Old 06-22-15, 10:16 AM
Kojie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice they have the powerbeam pro now added