Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Best Commuter Pants / Cycling Trousers

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Best Commuter Pants / Cycling Trousers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-24, 06:01 PM
noglider 
aka Tom Reingold

Bikes: 1962 Rudge Sports, 1971 Raleigh Super Course, 1971 Raleigh Pro Track, 1974 Raleigh International, 1975 Viscount Fixie, 1982 McLean, 1996 Lemond (Ti), 2002 Burley Zydeco tandem

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7353 Post(s)
Liked 2,483 Times in 1,441 Posts
I prefer to wear as little "waterproof" stuff as possible since it tends to trap moisture inside. Of course there are times when it's necessary, but I prefer to get wet if it's not too cold. I might choose to wear two sweaters because they will serve as a "warm wet sponge."

I rode to work in the rain on Thursday. My socks got wet, and I can tolerate cold feet quite well. Not everyone can. Sometimes I wear sandals in the rain because while I will get wet, they'll dry more easily when I'm out of the rain.

“When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments.” — Elizabeth West, US author

Please email me rather than PM'ing me. Thanks.
Likes For noglider:
Old 04-21-24, 12:24 PM
canuto

Bikes: Raleigh Int'l, Bridgestone RB-1, Motobecane Grand Record, Centurion Elite RS, Fuji S-12-S

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 2 Posts
For me the best are shorts, worn with tights in cold weather. I keep a pair of long pants at work.
Old 04-22-24, 09:36 AM
jaxy357

Bikes: '23 Specialized Roll 3.0 low entry, 'Lectric Lite folding bike, beater mountain bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 43 Posts
Legit

Originally Posted by seat_boy
Another vote on these. These are becoming my go-to biking pants. They also look completely normal off the bike, because they're not made as bike pants.
Just here to say I bought a pair a few weeks ago and love them! Got the skinny leg ones this time and next time will do the boot cut. I chose army green.
Old 04-22-24, 12:53 PM
mobilemail

Bikes: You mean this week?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
I'm sure they aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm a huge fan of Zoic Reign knickers, especially for use on recumbents where having stuff fly up your pantlegs is even more of an issue. I have found them to be pretty durable and cooler than regular pants. I can't really report on how the material holds up with the long term use of a regular bicycle saddle. The Humvee endura knickers have a reinforced saddle area, but I like the general construction and feel of the Reign knickers more. I usually wait to buy them on sales where they can be found under $50.

https://zoic.com/products/reign-knicker
Likes For mobilemail: