Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Fenders for Fuji Sportif 2.1?

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-23, 09:23 PM
Gene Machine

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hi all. I have a Fuji Sportif 2.1, love it, but want to use it to commute which means I pretty much need fenders for the crappy rain days. I have an old hybrid with a luggage rack and fenders, that I normally use for crappy days. But I'd rather convert to my Fuji all the time.

I would like it to fit with a 700cx32 knobby tire, as the 3700cx30 road tire isn't ideal for the gravel trails i ride to work.

anyone have experience fitting a fender to these bikes with a 32mm knobby tire? what brand/model?

thanks in advance.
Old 08-09-23, 09:37 PM
SpedFast
Just Pedaling

Bikes: YEP!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked 522 Times in 348 Posts
There is a lot to choose from when it comes to fenders. You'll have to let your budget and needs dictate how fancy you want to get. I have Planet Bike on mine that I had to modify due to clearance issues between the seat post and tire but if you can fit 32's on your bike you obviously have much more clearance. I've seen SKS and Portland Design Works fenders also. Both of those companies offer quite a variety of styles. For commuting you don't want to under do the coverage, that's for sure. Good luck,
Old 08-10-23, 06:40 AM
BobbyG

Bikes: 2015 Charge Plug, 2007 Dahon Boardwalk, 1997 Nishiki Blazer, 1984 Nishiki International, 2006 Felt F65, 1989 Dahon Getaway V

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 1,678 Times in 827 Posts
I've got SKS longboards on my 700x35 Charge Plug.
Likes For BobbyG: