Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Explain ENVEs tire compatibility list

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Explain ENVEs tire compatibility list

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-21, 10:27 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by colnago62
I ride with tubes, so I try out different tires all the time.
To the previous post; If trying out different tires is of high importance, Stick with with tubes. Do know that others might have a different need from their wheels than you and limited tire selection is a trade off they will accept.
I tried ones with some of the lowest rolling resistance, but I got too many sidewall cuts. I tried tires with very sightly more RR, stopped having problems, and bob's my uncle. It's kind of like finding a meal you love at your favorite restaurant when you've had food poisoning (Gatorskins) before.
Old 04-01-21, 10:28 PM
InvertedMP 

Bikes: 2021 Scott Addict RC 20

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 104 Posts
I try different tires just because it is fun. I really liked GP5000TLs but they are not compatible with the Foundation 45. So Far thee ENVE SES tires have been amazing. I have no reason yet, to not buy them again but I like having options and trying different things for personal education.
Old 04-02-21, 07:50 AM
scottydonald

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by InvertedMP
I try different tires just because it is fun. I really liked GP5000TLs but they are not compatible with the Foundation 45. So Far thee ENVE SES tires have been amazing. I have no reason yet, to not buy them again but I like having options and trying different things for personal education.

Thats good you liked them. In my search for tyres last week for 4.5 AR Discs, I emailed Enve and asked them which of their tyres are for the wheels since they are optimised for 28mm tyres and they replied the 29s but there are so many other great tyre companies available to try; I went Schwalbe Pro Ones after the email in a 28; one ride in and they were amazing(coming from DT Swiss 1800 32 Spline and Vittoria Rubino Pro 25 as tubeless).
Old 04-02-21, 10:02 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Pro Ones are excellent tires. Don't take them off the pavement though.
​​​​​​
Likes For Seattle Forrest: