Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Mid 80s Billato Super Corsa

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-24, 09:28 AM
Mountain Mitch

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Expert Road and Specialized Stump Jumper FS Mountain; De Vinci Caribou touring, Intense Tracer T275c, Cramerotti, Specialized Allez, Condor, Marinoni

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 58 Posts
Mid 80s Billato Super Corsa

I’m looking at a mid-80s Bilatto for $900 CAN (about $700US). SLX tubing, super record group set, sew-on tires. Interestingly, the owner has a note from Roberto Billato indicating he has no idea how the bike ended up in Canada and suggesting that Tullio Cramerotti must have brought it over. I already have a beautiful early 90’s Cramerotti.
The fly-in-the-ointment is that the paint is fairly badly chipped though it looks good on a cursory glance.

Any ideas as to fair market value? I should add, the market for vintage bikes around here is marginal.

Old 04-16-24, 09:45 AM
Caliwild

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked 699 Times in 290 Posts
If that was in Southern California, I'd probably pay up to $500, but for me even that would be a stretch based on current market conditions... YMMV
Old 04-16-24, 10:05 AM
VtwinVince

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked 254 Times in 148 Posts
Interesting to see that out in the wild, I think the Cramerotti connection could be right. BTW I recently picked up one of his 80's bikes over here on the Island.
Old 04-22-24, 07:59 PM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2331 Post(s)
Liked 5,034 Times in 1,788 Posts
Mmmm.....tough call. I've had over 10 Billato built bikes but none in their name. Each one was well built and a great ride. I keep looking for one of their branded bikes in my size. For that price I'd certainly have to go see the bike and then judge if it's worth it.
Old 04-23-24, 09:04 AM
Mountain Mitch

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Expert Road and Specialized Stump Jumper FS Mountain; De Vinci Caribou touring, Intense Tracer T275c, Cramerotti, Specialized Allez, Condor, Marinoni

Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked 102 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa
It's unclear which bike has the bad paint. If the bike for sale is in good shape, I'd say $700-800 is plenty fair.
It’s the Billato’s paint that’s chipped.