Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Triathlon
Reload this Page >

Flo 49 AS

Search
Notices
Triathlon Swim / Bike / Run your thing? Drop in our new triathlon forum for the latest in training & gear. From beginner to expert, and sprint to ironman.

Flo 49 AS

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-24, 02:10 PM
ArgoMan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 24 Posts
Flo 49 AS

Hi all. Anyone have any opinions on the FLO 49 AS wheels, or FLO wheels generally? Thank you!
Old 04-21-24, 11:57 PM
VegasJen

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked 561 Times in 303 Posts
I don't personally. Is this the ad over on Slowtwitch? That would probably be a good combination though. I have 80mm wheels front and rear on my Shiv. I really like them but I'm looking for a shallower front for windy days. The 80mm front can really catch the cross wind and be very unsettling. I don't notice the crosswind affecting the rear so I just need a shallower front. Probably going to pick up a 40-50mm wheelset for another bike and just swap the front out, weather dictating.
Old 04-22-24, 10:02 AM
ArgoMan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 24 Posts
I live in the Coachella Valley where we get pretty severe winds throughout the year. I have 50 mm on my "aero" bike, and I find that's about as deep as I want to go. I'm just hoping to find some wheels that are more aero than the Superteam wheels I have and FLO wheels were suggested. They're marketed as a very good wheel that isn't crazy-priced.