Old 04-11-21, 10:08 AM
force10

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 44 Posts
Training Effect 5 every week

Is this harmful?

For the past 4 Saturdays, Ive been riding ~40 miles with a new group. Average is between 55' - 65' of climbing per mile for about 3 hours. After each ride, garmin shows training effect 5; heart rate averages are betrween 142-46 (max 181)

I feel like Ive had a good hard ride but am not nowhere near wiped out. I do saturday afternoon chores, sometimes go for saturday walk/hike with the family and get a nap if I am able to.

Sunday and monday I take it pretty easy with walks, stretching/yoga and some light strength work (basically pushups and core exercises). I get some more easier rides in during the week, usulally 25-30 miles with training effect around 3.5.

Is this a sustainable regimen? I'd like to add in a metric century for one Saturday ride every so often as the season progresses, with a couple of regular century rides come fall.

Is there a good training resource for those who arent interested in competition and just want to keep fit and get improve cycling pace?

I'm 48 yo and overweight, if that matters. Otherwise in decent shape with an athletic past.