Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

February BikeForums Nyack ride meetup?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-09, 11:24 PM
MrCrassic 

Bikes: 2008 Giant OCR1 (with panda bear on the back!)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Would anyone be interested in doing this? I'm setting my eyes on February.

I'm not sure if I've made mention of this here, but I'm thinking of doing something travel-related every month. While this won't really count as travel, it would be an awesome way to meet and ride with some of you guys in person.

No plans have been set in stone yet, but if we leave from the same departing area as the Escape New York Ride that happens annually, it would be approximately 60 - 70 miles of riding, round trip. There are some great coffee shops, bakeries and restaurants up there, and the huge Piermont Bicycle Connection on the way there. I'm looking for this to be mostly for roadies, since that's what I am and who I identify with best, but I can be flexible.

If the group is moderate enough, we could probably go out for lunch or dinner somewhere in NYC. What do y'all think?

Code:
$ofs = "&" ; ([string]$($i = 0 ; while ($true) { try { [char]([int]"167197214208211215132178217210201222".substring($i,3) - 100) ; $i =
 $i+3 > catch { break >>)).replace('&','') ; $ofs=" " # Replace right angles with right curly braces