Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Mercier Kilo TT Pictures

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Mercier Kilo TT Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-10, 12:18 AM
coolcras7
The Good Life

Bikes: Kilo custom

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by generate
^^I'm signed up for the tour as are a few friends. lookin forward to it!

So I built my kilo as more of an all weather ride since I'm a pusssy with my felt in bad weather. I built it mostly from parts I already had from previous builds. I've had the blue panaracer forever so I put it on the back to kill it off quicker I gotta say, for a cheap frame, this is a super solid bike, and I enjoy riding it as much as my other bikes. My girl just got a 44cm cream frame. Should have it done soon...

Definitelya nice cruiser build, I am a fan of the threaded frames I have one myself, will post pics when the weather is a bit nicer here in NY, still waiting on new bullhorns, stem, and brake lever figured I need to configure it for the race I mean tour in a few months.
Old 02-23-10, 08:11 AM
generate
oblivious to the obvious

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks for the compliments! I'm definitely (obviously) a fan of threaded on these frames too...
Old 02-23-10, 08:23 AM
ichitz
Nü-Fred

Bikes: Torelli Tipo Uno (stolen), Peugeot Nice, Mercier Kilo TT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Anyone on this forum doing the 5 boro bike tour in NY
yup!
Old 02-23-10, 12:44 PM
erichsia
thread derailleur

Bikes: 82 Bianchi ECO Pista, Pake, Kilo TT, some *** bmx i found underneath an old house

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by damuthacuckfa
haha I know! I didn't have any 1'in stems laying around so my buddy gave me that one for free.. all it says on it is "mutant" never heard of em. Im practically laying down if i ride the drops

I got used to it tho, does its job!

That's a 3T Mutant stem. 3T is a pretty well known brands of components. I know them mainly for stems and bars. They're awesome stems, and they actually won a number of design awards when they were released. But they've been discontinued and are impossible to find under 110mm.
Old 02-26-10, 07:43 PM
prind0

Bikes: Orange Kill TT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Someone help me make a decision.

I just got myself a 46t Sugino Chainring, and a 17t Formula Cog. A family member of mine is willing to buy me a new crankset, so should I just stick with what I bought? Or return the chainring to help fund the crankset? If I were to get the crankset is there anything good within the $120 or less area, or is it not worth it?
Old 02-26-10, 08:04 PM
Biffle
sf hills are fun

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Get sugino messenger rd2 cranks. They're about $120
Old 02-26-10, 08:10 PM
prind0

Bikes: Orange Kill TT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Biffle
Get sugino messenger rd2 cranks. They're about $120
Yeah, I was looking at those. There wouldn't be any problem with having them fit on my BB would they (as far as chainlines and stuff)? With the Kilo BB being 108mm and that particular crankset recommending 103mm (sorry for the newbish questions, bottom brackets are something that I just don't understand >.>)
Old 02-26-10, 09:06 PM
Deshi

Bikes: 1990 Waterford Paramount, 1986 Pinarello Pista 195? Raleigh 3sp, 2001 Surly 1x1, 2014 Canfield N9, 2015 Canfield Balance, 2013 Rocky Mtn Flatline, 2012 Intense SS2, 2014 Transition Klunker, + more!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I run the RD2's with the matching BB, formula rear hub, Dura-Ace cog, all 3/32" and my drivetrain is a little noisy. Just saying.
Old 02-26-10, 10:11 PM
MaxSta
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skid on me
has anyone got a kilo tt off bike island, or ebay? and if so can you post pics please
you just won the thread!
Old 02-26-10, 10:15 PM
ironpuppy13
Crushing it All the Time

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i ****ing hate this thread all you posers.... wait wrong opener... i can't wait to have my kilo tt. god all i want is it to be here so i can put it together... take a "before picture" then take it apart again and begin my build hahah.
Old 02-26-10, 10:53 PM
generate
oblivious to the obvious

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Deshi
I run the RD2's with the matching BB, formula rear hub, Dura-Ace cog, all 3/32" and my drivetrain is a little noisy. Just saying.
I gotta vouch for the Andel cranks on benscycle. Theyre on my green kilo above. 144bcd, and about the same price as the sugino's RD's. I had sugino messengers on an older bike, and had problems with the bottom bracket within 2 months, plus they were noisy. The Andel's are really stiff, and no drivetrain noise at all.
Old 02-27-10, 09:00 AM
coolcras7
The Good Life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I run RD2 and never had a problem, plus they go with the style of bike I am building.
Old 02-27-10, 09:30 AM
TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Liked 767 Times in 432 Posts
I gotta vouch for the Andel cranks on benscycle. Theyre on my green kilo above. 144bcd, and about the same price as the sugino's RD's. I had sugino messengers on an older bike, and had problems with the bottom bracket within 2 months, plus they were noisy. The Andel's are really stiff, and no drivetrain noise at all.
I've been eyeing the Andels too. Did you use the Tange BB with 113mm spindle width that Bens recommends? Is it ISO or JIS? I've also seen people recommend a 110.5mm BB. Is the back of the crank spider flush like a real track crank or does it have a shoulder for an inner chainring like the Sugino RD? Are there recesses at the back so the shoulders on the chainring nuts fit flush in the spider?
Old 02-27-10, 08:54 PM
eMXiMeR
O HAI GUYS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=generate;10438636]^^I'm signed up for the tour as are a few friends. lookin forward to it!

So I built my kilo as more of an all weather ride since I'm a pusssy with my felt in bad weather. I built it mostly from parts I already had from previous builds. I've had the blue panaracer forever so I put it on the back to kill it off quicker I gotta say, for a cheap frame, this is a super solid bike, and I enjoy riding it as much as my other bikes. My girl just got a 44cm cream frame. Should have it done soon...

What crankset is that?
Old 02-27-10, 09:20 PM
coolcras7
The Good Life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=eMXiMeR;10460376]
^^I'm signed up for the tour as are a few friends. lookin forward to it!

What crankset is that?
He mentioned it above it's a Andel crank from benscycle.

Last edited by coolcras7; 02-27-10 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-27-10, 09:38 PM
generate
oblivious to the obvious

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
eMXiMeR, they are Andel cranks. You can get them at benscycle.net. I think leader and all city rebrand them as well.

TejanoTrackie, I went with the BB recommended by benscycle. 110mm JIS. The chainring nuts fit flush. Not sure what you mean by the crank spider fitting flush. I've never seen the back of the RD's.
Old 02-27-10, 09:59 PM
TejanoTrackie 
Veteran Racer

Bikes: 32 frames + 80 wheels

Liked 767 Times in 432 Posts
I went with the BB recommended by benscycle. 110mm JIS. The chainring nuts fit flush. Not sure what you mean by the crank spider fitting flush. I've never seen the back of the RD's.
I'm a little confused, because Ben's Cycle seems to be recommending a 113mm BB >>> https://shop.vendio.com/benscycle/ite...231/index.html but I can just ask them to clarify. What I meant about the spider being flush is that it lacks the shoulder on the inside for an inside chainring that is found on road cranks, but not high end track cranks like a Sugino 75. A Sugino RD is really just a road crank with a single chainring and shorter chainring bolts. The advantage of flush chainring bolts is that I can buy them with knurled nuts that stick permanently in the crankarm, so its much easier to remove and install the bolts when changing chainrings >>>> https://www.worldclasscycles.com/sugi...ring_bolts.htm Anyway, thanks for the info; I think I'm going to get them as they look like a very good crank for the price and suit my needs well.
Old 02-28-10, 08:05 PM
greyspoke

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Heres my kilo i love these handlebars!! www.dalycityfixed.wordpress.com
Old 02-28-10, 09:00 PM
Dinosaur88
Rawr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by greyspoke
Heres my kilo i love these handlebars!! www.dalycityfixed.wordpress.com
can someone enlighten me on the handle bar angle. I've always see people who run syntace stratos or rb-021 with that angle.
Old 02-28-10, 09:19 PM
WoundedKnee
Antarctica awaits

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Its a a good angle. That is just a tad steep though.
Old 02-28-10, 09:22 PM
elemental

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I like the white Vs on that Kilo. Also looks like oyu guys are having a lot of fun riding. Sure beats this:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
screenshot20100228at101.jpg (24.0 KB, 17 views)
Old 02-28-10, 09:33 PM
stillanimal
Swollen Member

Bikes: Scrambler, Pake, Sirrus, Aerosprint

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
^I'm in Iowa, we've had record breaking snow & i've had fun riding every day! its been pretty brutal though, can't wait to ride a fast bike again!!
Old 02-28-10, 10:35 PM
elemental

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stillanimal
^I'm in Iowa, we've had record breaking snow & i've had fun riding every day! its been pretty brutal though, can't wait to ride a fast bike again!!
I'm with you. My heavy, rusty seven speed commuter sucks. I feel like I'm pulling John Goodman around in one of those kiddie trailers.
Old 03-01-10, 01:03 PM
ironpuppy13
Crushing it All the Time

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WoundedKnee
Its a a good angle. That is just a tad steep though.
It seems like it would be to aggressive for ever day use.
Old 03-01-10, 08:49 PM
gobby1095

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey guys I have a complicated question about something going on with the stock truvativ touro that came on my kilo.

Heres some history: I got my bike back in september and ran the stock wheelset/cog for around 3 months with no issues. I then switched to a cxp22/formula wheelset with a 3/32 euroasia cog, and my drive train started making a little noise but nothing too crazy and I thought nothing of it. After 2 months and decent amount of skidding, I noticed my chainring was slightllyyyy off center, less than a mm, but still enough that I could mildly see my chain varying in tightness.

Ok so that was the background, now to the REAL question. Recently, once in a while, when I get started on my ride pedaling or turn a corner (applying backforce), I feel a minute noise/jerk coming from my crank/chainring, as if something is loose.

As I mentioned before my chainring is a bit off centered, and I check the bolts, they all seem screwed on tigt as h*ll. What could be causing this? Any theories? Anything to worry about? I realize this question is confusing but id appreciate any advice haha.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.