Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Stock e-bike **********?

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Stock e-bike **********?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-09, 12:17 PM
dgk02

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe
I also remember seeing something about NYC law taking effect Dec 1 that requires building landlords to allow people to bring bicycles inside buildings. Anybody, see or hear anything concrete about that? I know there's been a HUGE increase in people looking for lightweight eBikes...

Thanks for the discussion and information - always a pleasure!
Bikes In Buildings NYC

Just a few more days. My Human Resources department is working with the building. Once I can bring a bike into my office, You'll find me buying or buiding an E-Bike pretty quickly. I also called my State Senator about legalizing E-Bikes in NYC.
Old 12-02-09, 12:25 PM
dgk02

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I just called my senator again. They just passed the budget today and are currently debating gay marriage. She (Toby Stavisky) is on the transporation committee and will vote for E-Bikes but it will have to wait until January. I'll call back then. I threw in my support for Gay Marriage while I was on the phone but she's already voting for that.
Old 12-02-09, 03:57 PM
nwmtnbkr

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dgk02
I just called my senator again. They just passed the budget today and are currently debating gay marriage. She (Toby Stavisky) is on the transporation committee and will vote for E-Bikes but it will have to wait until January. I'll call back then. I threw in my support for Gay Marriage while I was on the phone but she's already voting for that.
Those in NYC with e-bikes may want to be stealthy for a while. There's a post at Endless Sphere by an e-biker in NYC who said he was stopped over the weekend by police who gave him a hard time and threatened to seize his electric bike (Ping battery and all). He's now looking for a way to disguise the hub motor on his front wheel. Here's link to the thread. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/vie...hp?f=3&t=14534
Old 12-07-09, 12:30 AM
BroadwayJoe
Both Coasts...

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by nwmtnbkr
Those in NYC with e-bikes may want to be stealthy for a while. There's a post at Endless Sphere by an e-biker in NYC who said he was stopped over the weekend by police who gave him a hard time and threatened to seize his electric bike (Ping battery and all). He's now looking for a way to disguise the hub motor on his front wheel. Here's link to the thread. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/vie...hp?f=3&t=14534