Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

A Gios came in the mail...

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

A Gios came in the mail...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-10, 12:42 PM
Dyermaker
Fanatic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SoreFeet
Good stuff. That old Dura Ace is light and precise shifting. Don't forget to go inside and repack the hubs. The old grease is likely a little dry. Go for the Phil grease...she deserves the best.
The Dura Ace works better then any of the Nuovo or Super Record equipment then I have used before, and is much lighter, noticeably so. The Gios weighs 4lbs less then my Motobecane, which comes in at 24lbs with full Campy NR.
The DA works both indexed and friction, although Ive never ridden a bicycle with indexed shifting. I tried it for a little while and it kept bothering me, friction just feels so much more natural for me, I rarely ever look down. If I am missing something please, enlighten me.

The Hubs / HS / BB were all repacked before he shipped it to me, and the rest has been gone over thoroughly... Thanks for reminding me though

Last edited by Dyermaker; 02-04-10 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-04-10, 09:24 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Bikes: to many to list

Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
I showed my buddy your bike.....he pissed himself.
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve
Old 02-04-10, 10:10 PM
socalrider

Bikes: Litespeed Liege, Motorola Team Issue Eddy Mercxk, Santana Noventa Tandem, Fisher Supercaliber Mtn. Bike

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
I raced on the same frame and color back in the 80's.. Just a great bike, very quick and responsive, you will love it.. Been looking for one just like it for a few years now, harder to find in the larger sizes..