Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Tour of Qatar

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-10, 05:59 AM
DXchulo
Upgrading my engine

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tour of Qatar

Let's hear your Tour of Qatar predictions for the final podium.

I'll say Farrar, Boonen, and Boasson Hagen.
Old 02-05-10, 08:49 PM
nvrlnd7

Bikes: Tommaso Aggraziato,Schwinn Varsity TT Custom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Epic Cycle Schedule
Tour Down Under:
February 7, 2-3:00p ET Highlights Show
The first stop on the world cycling calendar, the Santos Tour Down Under kicks off the cycling year in exhilarating style. The week-long event brings the top ProTour professional cycling teams to race on the streets of Adelaide and regional South Australia each January. Up for grabs are important UCI ProTour points and the Santos Tour Down Unders Ochre Leaders Jersey.
Tour of Qatar: February 21, 3-4p ET
Qatar is big business in the cycling world, despite the not exactly bicycle friendly conditions and regularly attracts the biggest names from the sport, and the country is seriously being mooted for a Tour de France start.
Tour of Oman: February 28, 3-4p ET
The city of Muscat in the Sultana of Oman, Eddy Merckx and Dirk De Pau have found an agreement in order to organise a new road cycling event, from the 14th to the 19th of February 2010 for which the technical organisation will be entrusted to Amaury Sport Organisation, organisers of the Tour de France.
Paris-Nice: March 7 & 14, 5-7p ET
Paris-Nice, "the race to the sun", is a professional cycling stage race starting March 7th. This year the start will take place in Montfort l'Amaury
Criterium International: March 28, 5-6p ET
Race organiser Amaury Sport Organisation (ASO) has announced that the 2010 Criterium International - the two-day "mini Tour de France" - will take place on the island of Corsica in 2010. The race has been held in Charleville-Mézières, in the French Ardennes, since 2001. German Jens Voigt (Saxo Bank) has won the last three editions of the race.
Paris Roubaix: April 11, Time TBD
Paris-Roubaix is one of the oldest cycle races of the professional road cycling calendar. First run in 1896, there are 28 cobbles sections included in the race, three of them considered to be of maximum difficulty.
Fleche Wallone: April 25, 4:30-5p ET
The Flèche Wallonne is an international cycling race of one day, a classic, which takes place in Belgium during the spring. This race is part of the Pro-Tour program
Liege Bastogne Liege: April 25, 5-6p ET
Liege-Bastogne-Liege is the last major spring classic. First held in 1882, Liege Bastogne Liege is known as the 'La Doyenne" because it is the oldest classic on the cycling calendar. It is one of the most prestigious and exacting events of the season. The out and back race through the Belgian Ardennes countryside is one of the most difficult races because it tests every rider's endurance and ability to race over a series of high gradient hills. Legendary climbs such as the Cote de Wanne, Saint Roche, Stockeu and la Redoute force the riders to dig deep.
Tour de Romandie: May 2, 5-7p ET
The Tour de Romandie is a stage race which is part of the UCI ProTour. It runs in the old Romandie region, in the French-speaking part of Switzerland. It began in 1947, to coincide with the 50-year celebration of the Swiss Cycling.
Tour of California: May 16-23, Times TBD
The largest cycling event in America, the 2010 Amgen Tour of California is a Tour de France-style cycling road race, presented by AEG, that challenges the world's top professional cycling teams to compete along a demanding course from May 16-23.
Dauphine Libere: June 6, 4-6p ET & June 13, 3-5p ET
The week-long competition will start in eastern France and finish in Sallanches. A stage finish in Grenoble is planned for Friday, June 11, with a mountaintop finish taking place on L'Alpe the next day
Tour of Philadelphia: June 6, 1:30-3p ET
Philadelphia International Championship is the annual bicycle race held in the city of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is described as "America's top international cycling classic, and one of the richest and most prestigious one day races outside of Europe."
Tour de Suisse: June 6 & 13, Times TBD
Tour de France: July 3-25, LIVE AM Broadcasts. TimesTBD
Paris Tours: October 10, 5-6pm ET

This is the versus schedule,and i dont know looks like boonen is favored,but i do like the cervelo team so if haussler can take great.
Old 02-07-10, 10:08 AM
gvonne

Bikes: 04 Fuji Navada, 05 Specialized Allez, 09 Scattante CFR Team Red Platinum

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In the TTT I don't quite get why Cevelo were penalized. They said that they "pushed" a rider? And what happened to Trek Livestrong U23? Either something major messed up or they are just not ready for the big leagues.
Old 02-07-10, 11:12 AM
DXchulo
Upgrading my engine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sounds like inexperience from Trek Livestrong (https://velonews.competitor.com/2010/...or-race_104091). Not a huge deal. I'd love to see Phinney hold his own in the upcoming stages.

Cervelo got caught doing a slingshot.
Old 02-07-10, 11:23 AM
$ick3nin.vend3t
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tour De Bore.
Old 02-07-10, 12:17 PM
gvonne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DXchulo
Sounds like inexperience from Trek Livestrong (https://velonews.competitor.com/2010/...or-race_104091). Not a huge deal. I'd love to see Phinney hold his own in the upcoming stages.

Cervelo got caught doing a slingshot.
Too bad for both of those teams. But with the sling shot I must be missing something here. I thought the slingshot thing was just how you're supposed to do TTT. I know your not allowed to get draft in ITT.
Old 02-07-10, 12:19 PM
gvonne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by *****3nin.vend3t
Tour De Bore.
Trust me I agree. 99.9% of Qatar is boring but it makes for some good sprint finishes. Easy to catch on you tube also because all of the meat of race is in the last 2 minutes or so.
Old 02-07-10, 03:24 PM
DXchulo
Upgrading my engine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gvonne
Too bad for both of those teams. But with the sling shot I must be missing something here. I thought the slingshot thing was just how you're supposed to do TTT. I know your not allowed to get draft in ITT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSGP3MpMdAs

I should have called it a hand sling.
Old 02-07-10, 03:31 PM
gvonne

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSGP3MpMdAs

I should have called it a hand sling.
OK I got it now. Man I can't believe they thought they could get away with that.
Old 02-07-10, 05:24 PM
Roadierookie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hagen, Boonen and Farrar
Old 02-10-10, 02:44 PM
DXchulo
Upgrading my engine

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd love to see Phinney hold his own in the upcoming stages.
Two top 10 finishes in a row for Phinney. Talk about potential.