Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Planned Updates for SOUL 2011 products

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Planned Updates for SOUL 2011 products

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-11, 03:35 PM
soulbike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rail157
Likewise. Sean, do you have a release timeframe for the S3.0 wide yet?
Hi rail, The S3.0 Wides are ready for sale. We just need to update our website.

Regards,
Sean
Old 01-23-11, 03:39 PM
soulbike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by x43x
When I asked Sean about either the C4.0 vs C5.0 as an everyday wheel, he recommended the C4.0's and I only weigh 130.
Hi 43, IF you asked me to chose between a pair of C4.0s and a C5.0, naturally I would advise you to go with the heavier, beefier and cheaper pair as an everyday wheel. IF you asked me whether the C4.0 OR the C5.0 were everyday wheels, I would tell you both of them were....
Old 01-23-11, 03:42 PM
soulbike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WHOOOSSHHH...
Why not invest in some boxes and improve your delivery time?
We do, but we have limited storage so can't hold so much inventory. If you ran a small business you would understand these problems as well. Sometimes we are out of decals (like now), sometimes boxes, sometimes rims etc.... sometimes we have everything and have a really long waiting list.. I'm not good with inventory because I'm normally busy designing new products or getting them ready for customers.
Old 01-23-11, 03:48 PM
soulbike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lectron
Hmmm......Didn't I pay $10 once not to have adds?
I think you pay $10 to support the site with useful information.
Old 01-23-11, 03:51 PM
soulbike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patentcad
Those are some light CF hoops.

Now all you need is a Pcad Signature Line and you're all set. Contact my agent.
everytime I see your name, I miss Bear Mountain....
Old 01-23-11, 03:58 PM
soulbike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ravenmore
Nice looking stuff. I've started to be a weight weenie again lately - the super light stuff has my interest piqued. If you want someone who is hard on wheels to test those uber light wheels let me know.
Hi RM, thanks for your interest, the whole WW bug is not something I personally like pursuing. It's very dangerous territory and really, any (including mine) product centred on weight is potentially dangerous as the margin of error is so small. Having said that, we do try our best to make the products as safe as possible BEFORE we get our customers to test anything...
Old 01-23-11, 04:06 PM
simonaway427

Bikes: 2010 S1, 2011 F75X

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
After owning for 3.0SL for almost a year, those C4.0's are very tempting. Must resist!
Old 01-23-11, 04:58 PM
RMMJ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by soulbike
Hi 43, IF you asked me to chose between a pair of C4.0s and a C5.0, naturally I would advise you to go with the heavier, beefier and cheaper pair as an everyday wheel. IF you asked me whether the C4.0 OR the C5.0 were everyday wheels, I would tell you both of them were....
What if he weighed 185 instead of 130? (my original question)
Old 01-23-11, 06:25 PM
ravenmore

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Hi RM, thanks for your interest, the whole WW bug is not something I personally like pursuing. It's very dangerous territory and really, any (including mine) product centred on weight is potentially dangerous as the margin of error is so small. Having said that, we do try our best to make the products as safe as possible BEFORE we get our customers to test anything...
I get in and out of WW mode from time to time, and happen to be going through another 'outbreak' right now. I think it is because the WW parts can be had these days more affordably than ever before; mainly from your neck of the woods. I also like saving weight in the wheels because you can really feel the difference due to lower rotational weight. (I'm probably going to order some C 5.0's when I get the scratch together.) You're right though, I don't like going so low that it causes extra maintenance on the bike or worse breaks the bike and me in the process.
Old 01-23-11, 08:45 PM
Ritterview
Tandem Vincitur

Bikes: BMC Pro Machine SLC01, Specialized Globe, Burley Rock 'N Roll tandem, Calfee Dragonfly tandem.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

C-series wheels-

We will be releasing our new Prodigy wheels really soon. The first batch of wheels will be released as the C5.0 Prodigy. These are the first carbon rims we developed and own the molds for. Some members here have been testing these for the last couple of months and we have continued to work our asses off to get everything right and are finally confident in their performance. These have been developed as a lightweight all purpose racing wheel. The next will be our deeper section wheels at 62mm and also 22mm wide which focuses more on aerodynamics with a wider profile with a foil shape. They are still relatively light. The C4.0 will continue unchanged except for an update to our new lighter spokes.

C4.0 (40 x 20mm)-

Clincher only 1390g

C5.0 Prodigy (49 x 20mm) -

Clincher 1350-1370g.

C6.0 Prodigy (62 x 22mm) -

Clincher 1470-1490g
What has been done with these carbon clinchers to prevent the rims from melting with brake heat?

What will be the options for number of spoke holes, and will these be drilled or molded?
Old 01-23-11, 09:22 PM
alexvpaq

Bikes: A trek

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Was wondering what are the advantages in a wider S3.0? and what are the actual differences in weight/price?
Old 01-23-11, 09:40 PM
zitter

Bikes: Orbea Orca m10, Spec Venge Elite, Felt TK2, Orbea Ordu M30

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I may have to buy that Truth frameset. I saw the picture in their photo gallery, looks really great.

Last edited by zitter; 01-23-11 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-23-11, 11:20 PM
cwk132

Bikes: 2010 Giant Defy 2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Really excited about the wide 3.0s and the new 4.0s... white 4.0s are hot
Old 01-24-11, 12:11 AM
Lectron
Made in Norway

Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts
Shills are all the same...
Old 01-27-11, 03:43 AM
soulbike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RMMJ
What if he weighed 185 instead of 130? (my original question)
The same answer since it is about usage, not weight.
Old 01-27-11, 03:46 AM
soulbike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ritterview
What has been done with these carbon clinchers to prevent the rims from melting with brake heat?

What will be the options for number of spoke holes, and will these be drilled or molded?
There's no real secret, and if it was, then you won't expect me to be writing it on a forum do you? It is just in the epoxy that we have chosen and the layup of the brake track. Spoke holes will remain 20/24 for now. They are drilled.
Old 01-27-11, 05:05 AM
soulbike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Razor From KC
What do the new 4.0's Run for price?
We will not be proceeding with the S4.0SL because the weights did not turn out the weight we wanted. We also have a new product scheduled for next half of the year that is clashing with these and have decided to shelf the S4.0SL.
Old 01-27-11, 05:06 AM
soulbike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alexvpaq
Was wondering what are the advantages in a wider S3.0? and what are the actual differences in weight/price?
In the real world wider rims in general give a more supple ride, cornering stability and lateral stiffness. I can't confirm or deny the aerodynamic benefits of a wider rim but can note a very subjective feeling of increased speeds with wider rims.
Old 01-27-11, 05:11 AM
patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Where's the BF Group Buy soulbike? Man you'd sell a ton of wheels here with one of those. Soul is right up there with CAAD 10 bikes on the BF Preferred Schwag List.
Old 01-27-11, 05:20 AM
soulbike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patentcad
Where's the BF Group Buy soulbike? Man you'd sell a ton of wheels here with one of those. Soul is right up there with CAAD 10 bikes on the BF Preferred Schwag List.
Hi PC, we don't need another groupbuy for wheels that are already so cheap do we? actually that gives me an idea, I should increase the prices of our wheels 200% and have a groupbuy for 50% off retail but MOQ100pairs. Hey Caad 10 rocks! Ok so does your Cervelo.
Old 01-27-11, 06:14 AM
SharpStone30888

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Soulbikes. You mention that the 4.0SL wheels are being scrapped. I was looking to get a pair. What alternative have you got that would satisfy someone that was looking at the 4.0SL?
Old 01-27-11, 10:49 AM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
You're insults are nothing but cowboy typewriter tough guy BS...Not impressed..Never type what you would not say to a persons face, which is everything you directed my way. You know it and I definitely know it.....
Seriously, stop digging your hole deeper and just STFU. Your best response, which took you 4 days to think up, is "I believe I can kick your ass in real life so you should keep quiet" - really?

Stop embarrassing yourself.
Old 01-27-11, 11:09 AM
Nerull

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Brillant.....Better to focus on boxes and not waste your time on unfunny comebacks.....
Wouldn't want to tread on your turf.

Are you in high school? Stop acting like it. Calling someone an internet tough guy is also pretty ironic when that is your entire persona.
Old 01-27-11, 11:12 AM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
STFU? Really...How about in person? PM me..The typewriter cowboy stuff just ended.
:facepalm: Welcome to life in my "ignore" bin.

Edit - erm, anyone know where the ignore thingie is? Cant seem to find it.
Old 01-27-11, 11:16 AM
M_FactorX19

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
im still disappointed that i couldnt get a set of Soul wheels! my recommendation for improving your buisness would be to take credit cards and orders on your website and not use paypal as the only option.
im not sure why paypal would never let me pay for your invoice but it wouldnt and i have used it before and since then without problems. i would much rather just use my card without going threw them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.