Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northeast
Reload this Page >

Quincy Area Bike Rental? Any quality SS/FG Rentals?

Search
Notices
Northeast Connecticut | Maine | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York |Rhode Island | Vermont |

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-11, 11:19 PM
taxi777
Wheres my snuggie?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I grew up on the South Shore and alway's wanted to ride from Boston area to Provincetown. I moved to Northern California in the early 80's where I became an obsessed cyclist and now I mainly ride Singlespeed bikes (it's just my thing).
MS society is putting on a big ride in June and I would really like to participate so, starting my plans and I'll need a bike. I don't want to ship any of my bikes but, would like something comparable.
Something along the line of a Specialized langster would be fine 59 or 61 CM. Any brand but something of fairly decent quality. Steel or Aluminum is Perfect.
Any good rentals in that area?
Old 03-08-11, 04:08 PM
the_doctor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by taxi777
I grew up on the South Shore and alway's wanted to ride from Boston area to Provincetown. I moved to Northern California in the early 80's where I became an obsessed cyclist and now I mainly ride Singlespeed bikes (it's just my thing).
MS society is putting on a big ride in June and I would really like to participate so, starting my plans and I'll need a bike. I don't want to ship any of my bikes but, would like something comparable.
Something along the line of a Specialized langster would be fine 59 or 61 CM. Any brand but something of fairly decent quality. Steel or Aluminum is Perfect.
Any good rentals in that area?
I would buy the Langster and bring it.

The spec dealer in Weymouth is not well suited to help you. It is the best that I can put it.

Andersen in Quincy is nice, but I think that he is only carrying Fuji.

It is a big bike ride and a segment overlaps with my CRW ride.

Bill
Old 03-08-11, 10:50 PM
taxi777
Wheres my snuggie?

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by the_doctor
I would buy the Langster and bring it.

The spec dealer in Weymouth is not well suited to help you. It is the best that I can put it.

Andersen in Quincy is nice, but I think that he is only carrying Fuji.

It is a big bike ride and a segment overlaps with my CRW ride.

Bill
Thanks for the input on this...I also discovered this place Urban Adventours. They actually have a very nice Masi "fixed gear". Might be nice to rent one there and ride down to Quincy for the ride.
BTW googled the CRW very cool club!
Old 03-14-11, 04:53 AM
the_doctor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by taxi777
Thanks for the input on this...I also discovered this place Urban Adventours. They actually have a very nice Masi "fixed gear". Might be nice to rent one there and ride down to Quincy for the ride.
BTW googled the CRW very cool club!
He keeps changing his name. I think that I visited him once, previously. He had no stock at the time. CRW has a major ride on the south shore every Sunday starting in April. Plus there are several shorter versions of it now being run. They have 2 alternatives which are hosted by different leaders. Those are on Saturdays. Those alternatives also tour Hull, which is not on the route of the MS.

Best Buddies comes through as well. Tom Brady is already on the TV. He is their lead man for their TV advertising.