Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Help me identify this Cinelli!

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Help me identify this Cinelli!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-11, 05:33 PM
Alan@TreeFort

Bikes: 2010 Niner EMD, 2008 Surly Steamroller, 2007 Giant OCR.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gridplan
Your wheels look amazing. They really cleaned up well. Are they original to the bike? The reason I ask is because I was told that Fiammes like yours, which lack text above the helmet, are late 60's to around 1970. Yours are identical to what I used to restore my ca. '70 Masi. Masi Bob (Hovey) told me that early to mid-60's Fiammes say Brev. Longhi or something like that above the helmet. I'm more curious than anything else. It's so hard, at least for me, to pin down when Fiammes were in production.
Everything is original except for the rims. The logo on the original rims were unidentifiable as far as the Fiamme logo goes, the front had no label and the rear was chipped to the point that you could only tell it was the oval red label logo. I went with these after months of looking on ebay and craigslist with no luck of finding anything usable for a restoration, and then found these from a local vintage shop.

Last edited by Alan@TreeFort; 08-24-11 at 06:51 AM.
Old 08-23-11, 05:35 PM
Old Fat Guy
Banned

Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
I saw the wheels today. The pictures don't do them justice.
Old 08-24-11, 02:18 AM
mkeller234
Rustbelt Rider

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1420 - 1978 Raleigh Professional - 1973 Schwinn Collegiate - 1974 Schwinn Suburban

Liked 379 Times in 181 Posts
Wow! That is excellent work!
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Old 08-24-11, 09:05 AM
gridplan
Veni, Vidi, Bici

Bikes: Colnagos (2005 Brera Art, 2007 President LdV, 2007 CF6)

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan@TreeFort
Everything is original except for the rims. The logo on the original rims were unidentifiable as far as the Fiamme logo goes, the front had no label and the rear was chipped to the point that you could only tell it was the oval red label logo. I went with these after months of looking on ebay and craigslist with no luck of finding anything usable for a restoration, and then found these from a local vintage shop.
I think you made a great choice. I wouldn't lose any sleep over the label. I don't know if what I was told is correct; even if it is, it's such an esoteric detail that it's probably not worth worrying about. Your rims are beautiful and of the period. Enjoy them. They look wonderful with those polished high flange hubs.