Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Performance Forte Brand

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway
View Poll Results: In General, what quality level is Performance Forte?
Junk, I wouldn't put it on my old Sears Frame.
7.25%
Decent enough for everyday training rides.
63.77%
Same quality as mainstream brands (shimano, etc.)
28.99%
High end.
0%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Performance Forte Brand

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-11, 12:47 AM
Zei

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wxduff
So you would recommend the Carbons. I have old Look pedals that are heavy and come with hard to find delta cleats. I was looking into getting those due to the price. Pedals are crazy expensive.

I love my performance ultra bibs, sadly i had to retire them only after 3 months of riding because my seat bag strap rubbed on them during one group ride, which lead to a weak spot, which is now a whole. . Have to wait till the clothing is half off again.
I do. They feel great for me. I've never seen them get returned and that's generally a sign of quality. I used them for over 600 miles. Just today I switched to a 4.5 degree cleat and they feel even better. If I had to guess, I would say the issue haaseg was having was probably from an older model, because I've opened up many boxes at my store and haven't seen a single pair that I couldn't bend back with my thumb.

Also, the Ultra bibs are what I use as well and they're my favorites.
Old 09-02-11, 01:14 AM
wxduff

Bikes: 08 Cannondale CAAD 9 upgraded to ultegra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zei
Also, the Ultra bibs are what I use as well and they're my favorites.
I cried when someone on my group ride told me I had a whole in them. I can't dish out 80+ bucks for another pair. Need another 50% off performance clothing sale.

They fit great, the chamois is good, bibs > shorts in general for me. Right now I'm riding some entry level specialized shorts I got for christmas, they are terrible in comparison.
Old 09-02-11, 09:50 AM
milnerpt

Bikes: Scott scale 29er, Gary fisher Rig SS 29er, Fuji Cross pro, Novara Randonee, Scattante TI custom build, Fuji Team

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When I first got into biking, I got a few pairs of the ultra bibs as well and thought they were fantastic, as I was never considering buying 'expensive' bibs. However, there are often bibs that come at about the same price that are exponentially better..... you just have to find the sale.

Our team bibs are 55$, I bought a few pairs of TdF castelli's for 25 each, some pearl izumi's for under 50....

Now I look at those Ultra bibs and really feel they are kinda cheap and trashy
Old 09-02-11, 09:59 AM
bonz50

Bikes: 2013 Synapse 4

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I've got the forte' carbon pro pedals and couldn't be happier.... I'd buy then again without a second thought. have a pair of performance shorts and a shirt, not fancy, but works and hasn't fallen apart on me, again, for the price, good stuff...
Old 09-02-11, 10:33 AM
hairnet
Fresh Garbage

Bikes: N+1

Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by milnerpt
Our team bibs are 55$, I bought a few pairs of TdF castelli's for 25 each, some pearl izumi's for under 50....

Now I look at those Ultra bibs and really feel they are kinda cheap and trashy
They're definitely not super nice bibs but they work well enough. I have ridden a century on both the Ultra and Elite bibs with no particular discomfort.