Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

What road bike do you have?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

What road bike do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-12, 10:02 AM
eduardo76

Bikes: Scott Foil

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
woah...holy stem...i am sorry, but if does seem to defeat the purpose...otherwise, it's a nice fuji!
Old 03-30-12, 11:19 AM
X-LinkedRider
Flying Under the Radar

Bikes: 10' SuperiorLite SL Club | 06' Giant FCR3 | 2010 GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by hamongle

Got it yesterday, Fuji 2011, Women Supreme 1.0, 53cm, changed stem to raise the handle bar
Nice bike. Ride it til those Oval wheels fall off. Those Fuji's are basically a steal in the women's design compared to other female specific bikes. I hope you at least kept the stem to switch back when you get more comfortable. You will notice an increase in comfort the more the bars actually come down, barring any medical issues of course.

Originally Posted by UCIMBZ
Nice going girl!
+1

Originally Posted by adriano
if you buy a frame and set it up not as it was intended, it will not function as it was intended or as you wanted. should have gone with a really nice hybrid.
That's why she raised the bars and didn't change them to flatbars. She wanted a road bike and still has one. Your disapproval of their handlebar height has no baring on whether or not it's a road bike. It's a road bike and a hybrid would still be a road bike if it were setup exactly the same way.

Originally Posted by Flatballer
What a waste of a bike.
Sounds like somebody is jeaslous

Originally Posted by eduardo76
woah...holy stem...i am sorry, but if does seem to defeat the purpose...otherwise, it's a nice fuji!
Maybe the purpose is to ride and not race? But we'd have to get more information before really deciding what purpose it is that is being defeated in the first place.
Old 03-30-12, 11:27 AM
adriano 

Bikes: https://velospace.org/node/18951

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
it is still a road frame, but it will not handle well or as it was designed. a hybrid would meet her needs better, but as long as merriment is being had, its all good.

α

Last edited by adriano; 03-30-12 at 11:30 AM.
Old 03-30-12, 04:47 PM
emveezee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My wife appropriated my Cannondale, so now this is my ride. Competitive Cyclist Rival/Force build, with a couple of changes.

Old 03-30-12, 05:23 PM
Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by X-LinkedRider
Sounds like somebody is jeaslous
Yeah, not really. A nice road bike with a saddle slammed down and bars slammed up is just stupid. They make road bikes that have that kind of geometry, and are made for riding instead of racing, but that isn't one of them. That's a race bike. Even from Fuji they have a women's road bike that would've been more appropriate, much less aggressive seat tube and head tube angles, much more stack, shorter seat tube, etc.
Old 03-30-12, 06:19 PM
UCIMBZ
Banned

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flatballer
Yeah, not really. A nice road bike with a saddle slammed down and bars slammed up is just stupid. They make road bikes that have that kind of geometry, and are made for riding instead of racing, but that isn't one of them. That's a race bike. Even from Fuji they have a women's road bike that would've been more appropriate, much less aggressive seat tube and head tube angles, much more stack, shorter seat tube, etc.
Wrong thread.
Old 03-30-12, 06:20 PM
Soloist Assassin
Banned

Bikes: 2011 Cervelo S2, 2001Trek USPS 5200, 06 Cervelo P3 Alum, 1999 Schwinn Pro Stock BMX, 1987 Schwinn Traveler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got it yesterday, Fuji 2011, Women Supreme 1.0, 53cm, changed stem to raise the handle bar

Oh for f#$@ sake!
Old 03-30-12, 07:27 PM
rufvelo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
...Got it yesterday, Fuji 2011, Women Supreme 1.0, 53cm, changed stem to raise the handle bar
hamongle - did you really want a racing bike or did the shop give you a great deal on the Supreme and offer to change the stem.

The comments here (and I agree) indicate some concern that you were perhaps oversold on the bike.

Were you looking more for this...

than this...
Old 03-30-12, 07:31 PM
rufvelo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's why she raised the bars and didn't change them to flatbars. She wanted a road bike and still has one. Your disapproval of their handlebar height has no baring on whether or not it's a road bike. It's a road bike and a hybrid would still be a road bike if it were setup exactly the same way. ....
Just about 100% incorrect.
Old 03-30-12, 07:48 PM
adriano 

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
this is not about aesthetics, yall.

α
Old 03-30-12, 11:57 PM
AlexZ

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adriano
this is not about aesthetics, yall.
No , you are right...it isn't .Judging by her location, she purchased it at Performance and some inexperienced punk took care of her....Unfortunate, because they do have some knowledgeable people in that store who I am certain would have talked her into a better combination and fit....
Old 03-31-12, 02:03 AM
todayilearned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice picture but won't think hurt her shoulders if she tries to get in the hoods or drops?
Old 03-31-12, 06:52 AM
Timo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Still some problems with Murphy's Law but this build is almost complete now...

Old 03-31-12, 07:12 AM
X-LinkedRider
Flying Under the Radar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Nice Merlin Timo. What is that saddle made out of?

So you guys are just assuming that is where the fit is going to stay? I guess every Corvette/Porsche Owner should have a Momo steering wheel and 5 pt seat belts or else they were oversold on the accord they actually wanted? This is not the racing forums and certainly not the hot or not thread. I see many assumptions of (she doesn't know what she is doing and got tricked into a bike) when she very well could (know what she is doing, have a medical issue and will be changing her position as she gets more familiar with it. Once again, why should she have gotten a hybrid that leaves her no room for expanding to road bike unless she buys a new road bike, since Lord knows what would be incorrect on a drop bar conversion according you guys. I have still not been sold on the idea that she doesn't know what she's doing. Until there are some real answers, speculation as to what she wanted is just that.
Old 03-31-12, 07:39 AM
Timo

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks, it's a NOS Selle San Marco Concor from the 1980's...

Old 03-31-12, 09:49 AM
adriano 

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
amazing.

α
Old 03-31-12, 10:29 AM
cubex
dino quadz!

Bikes: Salsa Mukluk Ti, Air 9 Carbon, Look 464, Astuto Road, BMC Trailfox 02

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ignore the small patch of grease lol

G.S Astuto VC2 Team Carbon
https://www.gsastuto.com/
Old 03-31-12, 10:46 AM
rufvelo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
...So you guys are just assuming that is where the fit is going to stay? I guess every Corvette/Porsche Owner should have a Momo steering wheel and 5 pt seat belts or else they were oversold on the accord they actually wanted? ....
No assumptions at all, which is why I'm asking her what her objective was, in a previous post. As for your inaccurate analogy, you would be oversold by the dealer if you wanted the Honda Accord, but came back with a Porsche with an Accord engine 'swapped in for now while you got comfortable' with the car. Different machine, build for a different application, the ridiculously raised stem on the thing doesn't solve any problems.
Old 03-31-12, 10:48 AM
rufvelo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Timo
Fabulous!
Old 03-31-12, 10:53 AM
UCIMBZ
Banned

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rufvelo
No assumptions at all, which is why I'm asking her what her objective was, in a previous post. As for your inaccurate analogy, you would be oversold by the dealer if you wanted the Honda Accord, but came back with a Porsche with an Accord engine 'swapped in for now while you got comfortable' with the car. Different machine, build for a different application, the ridiculously raised stem on the thing doesn't solve any problems.
Did you just compare an engine to a stem? No you didn't!
Old 03-31-12, 11:01 AM
adriano 

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

So you guys are just assuming that is where the fit is going to stay? I guess every Corvette/Porsche Owner should have a Momo steering wheel and 5 pt seat belts or else they were oversold on the accord they actually wanted? This is not the racing forums and certainly not the hot or not thread. I see many assumptions of (she doesn't know what she is doing and got tricked into a bike) when she very well could (know what she is doing, have a medical issue and will be changing her position as she gets more familiar with it. Once again, why should she have gotten a hybrid that leaves her no room for expanding to road bike unless she buys a new road bike, since Lord knows what would be incorrect on a drop bar conversion according you guys. I have still not been sold on the idea that she doesn't know what she's doing. Until there are some real answers, speculation as to what she wanted is just that.
her intentions are unknown and dont really come into play right now. as is, that will ride poorly. this is not about aesthetics.

α
Old 03-31-12, 02:02 PM
X-LinkedRider
Flying Under the Radar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by UCIMBZ
Did you just compare an engine to a stem? No you didn't!
Apparently he did. I guess you no longer have to pedal a bike anymore. As long as you have a negative setup zip stem your bike wins.
Old 03-31-12, 02:39 PM
Jaymadd

Bikes: 2011 Boardman Team Carbon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cubex

Ignore the small patch of grease lol

G.S Astuto VC2 Team Carbon
https://www.gsastuto.com/
Well done! Very nice looking bike and an original at that. This would fit well in the "show me your black bike" thread. Welcome to B.F.
Old 03-31-12, 03:45 PM
adriano 

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Apparently he did. I guess you no longer have to pedal a bike anymore. As long as you have a negative setup zip stem your bike wins.
as is, that will handle poorly. this is not about aesthetics.

α
Old 03-31-12, 05:05 PM
Young Version

Bikes: Colnago C59 Italia, 1981 Bianchi Pista

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Timo
Still some problems with Murphy's Law but this build is almost complete now...

Beautiful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.