Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Olympics

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-12, 06:22 PM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Liked 944 Times in 623 Posts
Originally Posted by Nerull
So here's a concept - and I know this is demonstrating a mental capacity you haven't shown as of yet - DON'T READ THREADS ABOUT IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ ABOUT IT.
Um, yeah, sure .....

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html
Old 07-29-12, 06:48 PM
Ghost Ryder
Ghost Ryding 24/7

Bikes: Giant Defy with Dura Ace group, & Ksyrium SL's,Specialized Allez Shimano mixed/mashed,2011 Opus Sentiero,2008 Kona Jake the Snake,Custom built track/fixed,Stumpy Hartail,Kuwahara/ET bike.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Flatballer
Seriously you tool? You're the one who spoiled the Giro for everyone days before it was over, in every single thread you entered, by having that stupid avatar and signature.

At least this thread was labeled "Olympics". You probably could've seen that one coming.
Wow my Ava is so damn small I can't even make out who's in it? I put it up about 2-3 day after the Giro ended.
The guy who posted the spoiler posted it a few hours after the race finished. Big difference IMO.
I Rock my Hesjedal Sig because I'm Canadian(Oh Canada), I never posted the results of the Giro.
In fact I was rocking this sig the whole Giro, & even then I couldn't predict my guy would win.
Nice try buddy.
Old 07-29-12, 07:01 PM
Jed19

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by milkbaby
Almost as funny as the British tabloid that called Vino a "nobody"...
A British tabloid called Vino a "nobody"?

That is one funny description of Vino. Britons may keep a stiff upper lip, but it looks like they are sore losers.
Old 07-29-12, 07:02 PM
Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
It's pretty obvious between your sig and avatar that he had won. And yeah, some of us it takes a few days to catch up. I can be over a week behind during a grand tour. You also had a huge version of the picture in your signature, which they made you remove after we reported you for spoiling it. I can go find the threads if you want.
Old 07-29-12, 07:28 PM
Cyclist75354986865
Banned.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
As far as posting a SPOILER ALERT, I didn't think I would have to. I was asking a general question about what bikes the riders were using. The post veered completely off course by someone who had no idea of the qualification of a 14 year professional to win an Olympic race. I never once mention or wanted to debate over who won the race, only what bikes they were riding. I record almost every cycling event I watch and stay away from this forum and all other bicycle related sites until I watch them. Sorry if this post caused any problems.
Old 07-29-12, 08:23 PM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Your original post was fine. After the other guy mentioned who won, his post should have been reported & deleted, then maybe the thread would not have veered off course.

Old 07-30-12, 06:26 AM
ahsposo 
Artificial Member

Bikes: Retrospec Judd, Dahon Boardwalk, Specialized Langster

Liked 5,571 Times in 3,282 Posts
Originally Posted by Homebrew01
Your original post was fine. After the other guy mentioned who won, his post should have been reported & deleted, then maybe the thread would not have veered off course.
How many threads in the 41 don't veer off course?
Old 07-30-12, 07:07 AM
work4bike

Liked 1,089 Times in 823 Posts
Originally Posted by tjk23
As far as posting a SPOILER ALERT, I didn't think I would have to. I was asking a general question about what bikes the riders were using. The post veered completely off course by someone who had no idea of the qualification of a 14 year professional to win an Olympic race. I never once mention or wanted to debate over who won the race, only what bikes they were riding. I record almost every cycling event I watch and stay away from this forum and all other bicycle related sites until I watch them. Sorry if this post caused any problems.
Don't worry about it, if you look at the amount of traffic on this site then it's just inevitable you're going to see some emotionally imbalaced posters. And there are plenty here
Old 07-30-12, 07:27 AM
canam73

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
It's pretty obvious between your sig and avatar that he had won. And yeah, some of us it takes a few days to catch up. I can be over a week behind during a grand tour. You also had a huge version of the picture in your signature, which they made you remove after we reported you for spoiling it. I can go find the threads if you want.
You get a week behind on watching a race, but keep reading a cycling forum and then complain that something gets spoiled for you?
Old 07-30-12, 07:48 AM
stinkyclimber

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jed19
Harsh.

Vino served his punishment, and that is good enough for me. The ones I can't stand are those everyone knows doped, but keep still denying it.
Has Vino ever admitted guilt? I didn't think so, and then saw this in the Cycling Weekly piece: "The 38-year-old has always strenuously denied any wrong-doing and returned to cycling in 2009 after a two-year suspension." So, is it worse to be caught and deny it, or not to be caught and deny it? well, it was an entertaining race, and likely a mostly level playing field.
Old 07-30-12, 07:51 AM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ahsposo
How many threads in the 41 don't veer off course?
I remember there was one in 2010

Old 07-30-12, 03:25 PM
Flatballer
No matches

Bikes: two wheeled ones

Liked 444 Times in 250 Posts
Originally Posted by canam73
You get a week behind on watching a race, but keep reading a cycling forum and then complain that something gets spoiled for you?
Some of us are actually out training. And yes, I keep coming here. I don't come here for race reports of the pros. I don't really care what they do. I come here to hang out with other racers and learn from those who have more experience.
Old 07-30-12, 03:36 PM
Matt Gaunt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'll attempt to get things back on track.

Here are some photos that I took when the race passed close to where I live. Hope you guys enjoy them.
Old 07-30-12, 03:39 PM
canam73

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Some of us are actually out training. And yes, I keep coming here. I don't come here for race reports of the pros. I don't really care what they do. I come here to hang out with other racers and learn from those who have more experience.
Are you really saying that anybody who manages to keep abreast of the Tour cannot possibly be training?

Rules or not it is naive to think that no mention of the results of a major race will be made a whole week after it occurs. Even if it is a passing comment in relation to 'chaingate' or body position during TTs.

And if you don't care what the pro's do than why are you discussing spoilers anyway?
Old 07-30-12, 04:29 PM
ahsposo 
Artificial Member

Bikes: Retrospec Judd, Dahon Boardwalk, Specialized Langster

Liked 5,571 Times in 3,282 Posts
Originally Posted by Homebrew01
I remember there was one in 2010
Must have been just before I joined.
Old 07-30-12, 06:52 PM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ahsposo
Must have been just before I joined.
I found it .... actually quite a while ago.

https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...bicycle-shorts

Old 07-30-12, 07:59 PM
chaulky61
Chaulky

Bikes: Colnago cx-1, Colnago Master

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://bicycling.com/blogs/boulderre...olympic-bikes/
Old 07-30-12, 08:25 PM
Mike F

Bikes: 2017 Specilized Roubaix, 2012 Scott CR1 Team, Felt Z85

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt Gaunt
I'll attempt to get things back on track.

Here are some photos that I took when the race passed close to where I live. Hope you guys enjoy them.
Thanks for posting the pictures. Looks like a great outing!
Old 07-30-12, 08:51 PM
dirty tiger
Mostly Harmless

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice, you even managed to get a shot of the winner.
Old 07-30-12, 09:12 PM
Ghost Ryder
Ghost Ryding 24/7

Bikes: Giant Defy with Dura Ace group, & Ksyrium SL's,Specialized Allez Shimano mixed/mashed,2011 Opus Sentiero,2008 Kona Jake the Snake,Custom built track/fixed,Stumpy Hartail,Kuwahara/ET bike.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
The sig pic was Hesjedal waving a Canadian flag on a Hockey stick, & I was posting in basically all noobie threads. I never see you posting any assistance in noob threads, why do you bother reading them?
I believe the thread I was warned in was a thread about cycling movies, no need for your CSI skills. I admit I was premature on celebrating Ryders win, he's a local guy, & I was stoked. I was warned, & promptly removed the alleged photo/sig. An apology was issued on my behalf to the mod, & admins.
Noob mistake, even though I joined in 2011, I only recently became an active member by posting instead of lurking.
I was just giving another noob a "kind" warning, if you want to voice any displeasure I may have caused you(or anyone else) PM me. I'm a man, & can handle it.
(There's far too much childish "back, & forth crap" I seem to get caught up in here in the 41.)

Back on topic...
Old 07-30-12, 09:15 PM
Ghost Ryder
Ghost Ryding 24/7

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by canam73
Are you really saying that anybody who manages to keep abreast of the Tour cannot possibly be training?

Rules or not it is naive to think that no mention of the results of a major race will be made a whole week after it occurs. Even if it is a passing comment in relation to 'chaingate' or body position during TTs.

And if you don't care what the pro's do than why are you discussing spoilers anyway?
+1
I had to call in for a sick day for the final day of the Giro, there's no way I could avoid the results, all the local media were having a hayday with this.
Old 07-30-12, 10:17 PM
bikerjp
Beer >> Sanity

Bikes: 2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Back on topic, I notices that at least three of the USA women each had a different bike. Saw that Chris Horner was riding a Trek. I don't know, but I suspect some ride their normal team bike if they are on a team. Others may have specific olympic bikes like GB.
Old 07-31-12, 03:45 AM
Matt Gaunt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike F
Thanks for posting the pictures. Looks like a great outing!
No worries, it was a really great day and such a good atmosphere down in the crowds.

Originally Posted by dirty tiger
Nice, you even managed to get a shot of the winner.
Yeah, that was completely by fluke on the way out as I just didn't expect Vino to come anywhere near winning. I got a couple of him on the way back through with Uran. I only had time to process a few last night so I will try to do some more and upload them for you guys.
Old 07-31-12, 06:03 AM
coasting 
Still can't climb

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by IthaDan
Is that the road leading to Richmond Park? I've always wanted to pee there!

No @coasting, you should stay 100% as you are right now, don't change a thing....quote Heathpack
Old 07-31-12, 06:27 AM
Matt Gaunt

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by coasting
Is that the road leading to Richmond Park? I've always wanted to pee there!
It does look like Priory Lane, doesn't it? They definitely went that way (and not Roehampton Lane way, for example).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.