Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Swissstop Yellows on Gigantex carbon hub

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-15, 11:32 AM
BoostTed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just picked up a set of wheels running the Gigantex 30mm rims, and I was wondering if I will have any issues if I run the swiss stop yellows on them.
Old 02-17-15, 12:58 PM
06SpiceRed
Powered by Di2

Bikes: Di2 this and Di2 that

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BoostTed
I just picked up a set of wheels running the Gigantex 30mm rims, and I was wondering if I will have any issues if I run the swiss stop yellows on them.
I wouldnt necessarily say issues as really anything can happen with carbon pads/wheels but........regardless of what set of rims you are running, Swiss Stop Yellows are absolutely garbage. They produce a bunch of heat that other pads can help control better, they leave yellow streaks on the track, they have terrible modulation, and they squeal. Oh did I mentioned they suck? That that would be its main attribute.

If you must go with a swiss stop pad, I would look at Swiss Stop Black Prince pads. Worlds better for sure. Reynolds Cryo Power Blue pads are fantastic as well.
Old 02-18-15, 05:34 AM
brian416
Roadie

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Yellows are fine on Gigantex Rims, I used them for 20k miles. Black Prince and terrible for Gigantex rims, they squeal constantly (I was never able to get rid of the noise) and I burned through a set of pads in 1000miles. I now use blue Reynolds pads and can't imagine using anything else, they have good stopping power and modulation, but don't glaze over after a hard stop like yellows do and don't squeal.