Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

The New and Improved HotRNot Thread

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

The New and Improved HotRNot Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-15, 02:48 PM
milkbaby
blah blah blah

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buffalo Buff
Looking for some solid black pedals, haven't found anything that's caught my eye yet.

A qualified hot until the pedals are finalized... Not usually a fan of the bigger sized frames because they look somewhat awkward, but I'm digging the tubing shapes. Your tail light is pointing downwards btw.
Old 03-04-15, 09:08 PM
r8dr_rider

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE599877]Got from Online Swap Meet; old bike got wrecked in a car accident and I absolutely love the frame so I jumped on it. I might change the cranks eventually, but they feel fine for now. (I might also just see if acetone takes the lettering and details off.) Will probably get praxis rings in future, at least. In the mean time, I'm pretty poor, so I'll try and keep out of this thread .

EDIT: apparently the acetone might be a bad idea, so I'll look into other ways of doing it.

EDIT 2: I'll think about the steerer tube thing; that's not a bad point. I just don't want to cut it before I'm sure of the height I want. For reference, @k_kibbler's comment made me realize that my old quill stem is probably why my sternum is still messed up from my accident, and is kind of motivating me to figure that height out quickly...

[/QUOTE]

Hot...although chain isnt on big ring
Old 03-05-15, 12:51 AM
E.S.
just ride

Bikes: '15 Scott Speedster 20

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by r8dr_rider
Hot...although chain isnt on big ring
LMFAO
Old 03-05-15, 06:11 PM
arben

Bikes: 2013 CAAD10 Black Inc.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Speaking of mailboxes, what do you guys think of this?

Cyckit Aeroclam Underseat Bike Storage | Road Bike Rider

I'm strongly considering buying it; I do need storage of some kind on the bike.
Old 03-05-15, 07:45 PM
bmcphx
Banned.

Bikes: Black Incs

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lol
Old 03-05-15, 08:38 PM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
arundel dual is my favorite saddle bag, big enough to carry everything, yet small enough to not look ridiculous.

Old 03-05-15, 09:04 PM
bmcphx
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
All sacks look ridiculous. If you can ride with one bottle (this time of year I do) then get a bottle cage case, it looks like a short bottle but holds your goods. If it's a two bottle day then, well, that's why God gave you pockets.

But please, please, please don't use a seat sack. Literally the most un-hot thing ever invented.
Old 03-06-15, 05:25 AM
kbarch

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bmcphx
All sacks look ridiculous. If you can ride with one bottle (this time of year I do) then get a bottle cage case, it looks like a short bottle but holds your goods. If it's a two bottle day then, well, that's why God gave you pockets.

But please, please, please don't use a seat sack. Literally the most un-hot thing ever invented.
I'll stop using a seat sack if you'll stop with the frame-mounted bottles, which are twice as un-hot if you ask me.
It's pretty funny how some bottle cages help a bike get a 'hot', but if bottles are actually in them, it's a 'not.'
Old 03-06-15, 06:02 AM
bmcphx
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wat
Old 03-06-15, 08:31 AM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
When someone says "seat sack" the first thing that comes to mind are the truck nuts that rednecks put on their vehicles.

Old 03-06-15, 08:36 AM
bmcphx
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That's one of the first things I think of when I see someone using a seat sack. It's bad enough I put a Garmin on the bike, let alone sometimes lights.
Old 03-06-15, 08:48 AM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Moving downtown has brought an all new appreciation for bikes with a ridiculous amount of nonsense on them. I also want to beat about 98% of those riding cruiser bikes down here - GTFO of the way!

Old 03-06-15, 11:03 AM
kcollier5

Bikes: Felt F2

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
^ I realize this is the blunt and rude Hot R Not, but shouldn't we have appreciation for anyone riding bicycles of any kind? And I would think 'downtown' is probably a better place for a cruiser bike than a road bike, but then again I don't know Phoenix.

I just like to see people on bikes, regardless of whether they are comfortable at 8 mph or 28 mph. And kids on bikes! That's also great!
Old 03-06-15, 11:13 AM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kcollier5
^ I realize this is the blunt and rude Hot R Not, but shouldn't we have appreciation for anyone riding bicycles of any kind? And I would think 'downtown' is probably a better place for a cruiser bike than a road bike, but then again I don't know Phoenix.

I just like to see people on bikes, regardless of whether they are comfortable at 8 mph or 28 mph. And kids on bikes! That's also great!
Oh no, I agree with you. I just get frustrated with the people that have no idea of what is happening in the world around them. Swerving from left to right all lackadaisical in the bike lane, riding on the sidewalk crowded with people, riding the wrong way down the street, etc just drives me insane, and it always seems to be the people on cruiser bikes that are the offenders. People with electric bikes on the sidewalks also seems to happen a lot.

Old 03-06-15, 11:16 AM
bmcphx
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I get the feeling special ed doesn't really live downtown. I rarely, if ever, see electric bikes on the sidewalks downtown and people on cruisers are typically actually on the street. This is my observation and his may vary, but I feel like the situations he is describing are common in the areas just outside of downtown, which coincidentally are more populated and less full of offices.
Old 03-06-15, 11:29 AM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bmcphx
I get the feeling special ed doesn't really live downtown. I rarely, if ever, see electric bikes on the sidewalks downtown and people on cruisers are typically actually on the street. This is my observation and his may vary, but I feel like the situations he is describing are common in the areas just outside of downtown, which coincidentally are more populated and less full of offices.
Correct, I'm at midtown. Willo neighborhood. Whenever I ride downtown, I hardly ever see bikes.

I was generalizing.

Old 03-09-15, 10:34 AM
Dalzhel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
second try, with a finish built.

Old 03-09-15, 11:57 AM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Yes!!!

Old 03-09-15, 04:50 PM
Chucka

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My new Super 6 is only faster up hill that this bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
serotta.jpg (51.1 KB, 82 views)
Old 03-09-15, 04:55 PM
Chucka

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
gosh, I dont remember it being so small?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
serotta2.jpg (82.1 KB, 22 views)
Old 03-10-15, 02:06 AM
redlude97

Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by Dalzhel

All the pieces are there to make a hot bike, but that picture is horrible. Take a step(or 10) back, crouch, and shoot level with the bike
Old 03-10-15, 05:09 AM
kbarch

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by redlude97
All the pieces are there to make a hot bike, but that picture is horrible. Take a step(or 10) back, crouch, and shoot level with the bike
He'd need to find a higher snowdrift first, or maybe he could have found a way to lean the bike into the one there. The distortion is unfortunate, but I wouldn't say 'horrible;' you can still tell whether it's a hot bike or not.
Whenever I see that scheme, I think they should do it with a haze gray background instead of black. That would be hot.
Old 03-10-15, 08:18 AM
TACTIC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kbarch
He'd need to find a higher snowdrift first, or maybe he could have found a way to lean the bike into the one there. The distortion is unfortunate, but I wouldn't say 'horrible;' you can still tell whether it's a hot bike or not.
Whenever I see that scheme, I think they should do it with a haze gray background instead of black. That would be hot.
kbarch,

When are we going to see your fancy bikes in their current state since I’m officially questioning your taste in bikes!
Old 03-10-15, 11:17 AM
kbarch

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by TACTIC
kbarch,

When are we going to see your fancy bikes in their current state since I’m officially questioning your taste in bikes!
When I become less lazy and forgetful. Whenever I remember to take pictures, the bikes are dirty, and when they're clean, it doesn't occur to me.

I suppose I should subject my own bikes to the same scrutiny and criticism that I so eagerly dish out. To that end I have posted "full body shots" in a couple of other threads, but lacking a garage door or other convenient and suitable background, have been reluctant to make an official "Hot or Not" submission. Knowing the rules, I'd rather not break them without aesthetic justification.
Old 03-14-15, 08:47 AM
Gus90

Bikes: A few too many

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dalzhel

Would have been hotter if you'd have peed your name in the snow bank. Seriously though, nice bike. The rear derailleur cable looks a little short though. Maybe it's just me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.