Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recumbent
Reload this Page >

From bent back to wedgie....

Search
Notices
Recumbent What IS that thing?! Recumbents may be odd looking, but they have many advantages over a "wedgie" bicycle. Discuss the in's and out's recumbent lifestyle in the recumbent forum.

From bent back to wedgie....

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-03, 09:56 PM
tayman

Bikes: 2000 RANS Rocket, 2000 BikeE AT...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I love my RANS Rocket, and wouldn't trade it for the world, but I still have my road bike. I enjoy the comfort and the distance that I can cover on my bent, but for jump, acceleration, and a good work-out, you cant beat an up-right...
Old 02-24-03, 10:29 PM
ChiliDog

Bikes: Electra Townie crank forward, Specialized flat bar road bike.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update on me: I am back on a road wedgie, but still have my Rocket. I miss the speed and agility of the road bike and the feeling of flying during an intense work-out. I adjusted my seating and found through experimentation that I no longer had the numbness problems, discomfort, etc. with the road bike.

Now I ride both: bent and road bike and love them both! Each is totally different, but totally fun. I wouldn't give either one up. They seem to complement each other "just right".

Old 02-25-03, 06:07 PM
ORBIT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im afriad ill have to stick to my upright from now on.After my last visit to the hospital i was advised that with my condition a upright
is the safest option.
Its a bit of a pig really as i like my recumbent,but if the eyes go i wont be doing much riding on any bike.
Old 03-18-03, 09:55 PM
cyclenow58

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I dont get it. IF YOU want more of a workout push harder . i have a COLNAGO
CLASSIC and ER GOLDRUSH. After many time trials I have to say my GR is a
faster bike, slower climber but still faster overall.Throw in comfort and the
recumbent is hard to beat. The only downside, to me, is the attention a
recumbent can draw.
Old 03-19-03, 11:22 AM
peterabelard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cyclenow58:

See original rationale for upright preference in the FIRST post in this thread. Regarding 'workout,' we all have different bodies, different strengths.......and different ways of getting the most vigorous workout we can. We would need to talk about age of knees, physicial limitations (some of us have arthritis and other impediments) and goals for our workouts.

I wish I were in a position to just 'push harder.' I envy your ability to improve your workout this way.

Peter
Old 04-17-03, 08:39 PM
Mike Warner

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There are two types of people posting here. Those who are self-motivated and those who aren't. Those who are NOT self-motivated like the Upright because, like any good torture rack, it inflicts on them the pain they are unwilling to inflict on themselves. These people don't have the mental toughness to PUSH THEIR OWN ENVELOPES. Those, like myself, who ARE self-motivated will push their own envelopes no matter what. I don't need a maid. I don't need a mommy. I don't need advice. I sure as hell don't need any friggin Upright to know the meaning of EFFORT.

I fully expect to either self-immolate or open a worm hole.
Old 04-18-03, 09:28 PM
peterabelard

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tell 'em, Mike.......you da man. You a REAL man. Wish I could be a REAL man like you.

Now....please join the conversation and comment on the any of the relatively interesting questions raised in this thread.

And.....welcome to the forum.

Peter
Old 04-23-03, 12:54 PM
SD Fixed
Traffic shark

Bikes: 2 fixies, 1 road, 29er in the works.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mike Warner
There are two types of people posting here. Those who are self-motivated and those who aren't. Those who are NOT self-motivated like the Upright because, like any good torture rack, it inflicts on them the pain they are unwilling to inflict on themselves. These people don't have the mental toughness to PUSH THEIR OWN ENVELOPES. Those, like myself, who ARE self-motivated will push their own envelopes no matter what. I don't need a maid. I don't need a mommy. I don't need advice. I sure as hell don't need any friggin Upright to know the meaning of EFFORT.

I fully expect to either self-immolate or open a worm hole.
You're a third type.

The "My way is the best way and those that don't agree are stupid."

Bents are cool; I'm thinking test riding one locally.