Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback
Reload this Page >

Another Rip Off Alert. Fuel Free Recreation in Naples, FL

Search
Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-15, 07:35 PM
RickGr4

Bikes: 2016 Giant Fastroad CoMax 2, 2002 Jamis Tangier, Classic Nakamichi 10 speed.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey All,

I don't make it a habit of posting stuff like this but I was just burned for $749 by Fuel Free Recreation in Naples. I ordered a Fuji bike which I was told they had in stock and it was ready to ship. When I didn't receive a receipt or tracking information, I became suspicious. At this point they had only pre authorized the funds from my card but not captured them. I sent them an email and told them to cancel my order. Instead they captured the money from my account and since then they have gone dead silent. Their web site is down. They don't answer their phone. Their voice mail box is full. They do not respond to emails.

Today I contacted the Fuji US importer and they told me the bike I want in the size I want has been out of stock for some time and none are expected until at least July. Fuel Free Recreation should NEVER have accepted my order let alone charged my card. As I write this, I am out $749 with no bike in site.

The moral to my story: buyer beware and AVOID FUEL FREE RECREATION IN NAPLES, FL!!!
Old 05-13-15, 08:51 PM
CharlyAlfaRomeo

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Dispute the charge, you won't be out the money at least.
Old 05-14-15, 01:16 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
You are usually protected if you report the fraud to your card issuer. Contact them by telephone and find out the procedure. Also contact your state's attorney general for advice. A pattern of such activities may lead to legal actions against the parties involved.

The other thought is that you were PHISHED, set up with a fake site to make a transaction and pay them, then they SPLIT. Even if you don't recover the money physically, the financial institution that issued your card should have a way to remedy you.

If the company went out of business due to a bankruptcy then the bankruptcy court may have taken possession of their properties...I found this out the hard way when I took a friend's computer I was considering buying to a shop for a look over and they went bankrupt while it was there. Fortunately for me, my friend was not too badly upset and I worked it out.
Old 05-14-15, 06:54 PM
RickGr4

Bikes: 2016 Giant Fastroad CoMax 2, 2002 Jamis Tangier, Classic Nakamichi 10 speed.

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trust me guys. I contacted my credit card issuer right away and started a claim. I was not phished. This bike shop has been around since 2010 and they have generally good reviews until recently.

Actually I feel sorry for them. If you look at their Facebook it is clear they were trying to run a credible business. Something changed recently. But the fact remains that I am currently out $749 until my credit card company takes action...

Originally Posted by Rollfast
You are usually protected if you report the fraud to your card issuer. Contact them by telephone and find out the procedure. Also contact your state's attorney general for advice. A pattern of such activities may lead to legal actions against the parties involved.

The other thought is that you were PHISHED, set up with a fake site to make a transaction and pay them, then they SPLIT. Even if you don't recover the money physically, the financial institution that issued your card should have a way to remedy you.

If the company went out of business due to a bankruptcy then the bankruptcy court may have taken possession of their properties...I found this out the hard way when I took a friend's computer I was considering buying to a shop for a look over and they went bankrupt while it was there. Fortunately for me, my friend was not too badly upset and I worked it out.
Old 02-09-16, 08:14 AM
drasylum123

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
fuel free recreation

Fuel Free Recreation went out of business around the time you purchased the bike. Shelly probably was trying to pull in as many funds as she could. She just got divorced and her husband stuck her with all the bills, HOWEVER she should have never conned you the way she should have. I own an electric bike store in Sarasota and the complaints about FFR are legion, I have had many customer of hers come to my store to get their bikes fixed or to purchase bikes from me rather than deal with their incompetence and in some cases rudeness, just do a chargeback, you shouldn;t have a problem doing that..good luck mike