Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

The New and Improved HotRNot Thread

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

The New and Improved HotRNot Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-15, 09:41 AM
TheBlast82

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For your consideration...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0512.jpg (92.4 KB, 246 views)
Old 06-08-15, 09:46 AM
redlude97

Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBlast82

not
Old 06-08-15, 10:07 AM
cderalow

Bikes: 2012 GT Transeo 3 2014 Cannondale CAAD 10 105

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Reasons for it not:
Triple
seat bag
Yellow tires
mini-pump
Light bracket
Stem angle, length and relative position to seat puts you very upright... like you've either got a bad back or the frame is too big.
Old 06-08-15, 10:15 AM
redlude97

Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by cderalow
Reasons for it not:
Triple
seat bag
Yellow tires
mini-pump
Light bracket
Stem angle, length and relative position to seat puts you very upright... like you've either got a bad back or the frame is too big.
you forgot the platform pedals as well
Old 06-08-15, 10:36 AM
LGHT

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL3, Nishiki Pro Hybrid SL

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by lsberrios1
New shoes. Hawwwt! Gunwall on cabron!

I like colors on bikes, but wow that's like riding a billboard.
Old 06-08-15, 12:38 PM
TheBlast82

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cderalow
Reasons for it not:
Triple
seat bag
Yellow tires
mini-pump
Light bracket
Being a triple is a reason for a bike to NOT be hot? With all due respect you seem like schmuck lol.

51cm frame 5'7" rider. Professional fitter recommended the stem length and angle.

Yellow tires to make the nearly 10 year old bike pop is subjective but whatever. It's hot to me.

Everything else my apologies for not following thread directions to a t, didn't know it was that serious lol.
Old 06-08-15, 12:48 PM
RPK79
Custom User Title

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix Pro & Quintana Roo Kilo

Liked 31 Times in 14 Posts
Being a triple is a reason for a bike to NOT be hot? With all due respect you seem like schmuck lol.

51cm frame 5'7" rider. Professional fitter recommended the stem length and angle.

Yellow tires to make the nearly 10 year old bike pop is subjective but whatever. It's hot to me.

Everything else my apologies for not following thread directions to a t, didn't know it was that serious lol.
I'm sure the bike is completely functional and it isn't ugly by any means, but this thread is purely about aesthetic and in that department there are some failings. Don't get upset about it. It is what it is. You can always post it in the other HrN thread...
Old 06-08-15, 12:48 PM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

The whole point of the thread is to gussy up the bike and make it look as fancy as possible. You didn't even remove the saddle bag.

What's hot to others, might not be hot to you and vice versa, by posting in this thread, you take your blows and have to have thick skin or else you're never going to make it. Unfortunately, triples and colored tires usually don't get "hots" very often...also platform pedals on a road bike don't cut it either.

It's still a nice bike and has the potential to be a hot bike, but not in it's current standing.

Old 06-08-15, 12:49 PM
MikeyBoyAz
Middle-Aged Member

Bikes: Bianchi Infinito CV 2014, TREK HIFI 2011, Argon18 E-116 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

This thread is NOT about professional fit.
Triple cranksets are NOT hott.
Yellow tires make it attractive to YOU, but you are posting in a thread which requests criticism and not praise... that's on another forum somewhere else.

Vote: NOT.

P.S: We're all Schmucks who post in this thread
Old 06-08-15, 01:09 PM
kcollier5

Bikes: Felt F2

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

The frame is not particularly hot.
Bartape doesn't match saddle.
Seatbag is pretty large and wasn't removed for the photo.
Bottle holder is pedestrian.
Pedals... meh

The list goes on. Glad you love your bike, but it's not gonna get many hot votes on here, sorry. Ride the mess out of it, love it to death and if you get more serious about cycling and replace it... enter that bike!

Hey, I'm riding a bike I love but isn't hot and if you page through here, you'll see some truly 'hot' bikes and although I do love my bike, I understand why these other bikes are so much hotter. Don't take it personally and whatever you do, don't try to defend it. It is what it is.
Old 06-08-15, 01:21 PM
TheBlast82

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RPK79
I'm sure the bike is completely functional and it isn't ugly by any means, but this thread is purely about aesthetic and in that department there are some failings. Don't get upset about it. It is what it is. You can always post it in the other HrN thread...
OIC, thanks for actually explaining to me what this is about. I'll make sure to not come around here in the future lol.
Old 06-08-15, 01:40 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
OIC, thanks for actually explaining to me what this is about. I'll make sure to not come around here in the future lol.
All are welcome here, just leave the butthurt at the door.
Old 06-08-15, 01:47 PM
TheBlast82

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Butthurt about what? A bike? Get a grip on a reality little snob.
Old 06-08-15, 01:55 PM
Dan333SP
Serious Cyclist

Bikes: Emonda SL6

Liked 261 Times in 99 Posts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
54501402.jpg (87.8 KB, 30 views)
Old 06-08-15, 03:06 PM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Butthurt about what? A bike? Get a grip on a reality little snob.
You keep calling people names yet say you're not upset about your "not" votes, which is kind of comical.

Also, if your handle means 82 as in that was the year you were born, it's kind of comical to think that a 33 year old is freaking out about random strangers on the internet not liking his bike.

My advice to make that bike look better...new crankset, something period correct...black bartape and wheels...road pedals...ditch the saddle bag for the photo...new bottle holder...and match the writing on the tire to the valve stem. That might get you pretty warm.

Old 06-08-15, 03:17 PM
SempreCycling

Bikes: Bianchi Sempre 105

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Bianchi, aside from the obvious stem extending above the bars (need to cut it) - I think it's hot.

Old 06-08-15, 04:02 PM
TheBlast82

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
You keep calling people names yet say you're not upset about your "not" votes, which is kind of comical.

Also, if your handle means 82 as in that was the year you were born, it's kind of comical to think that a 33 year old is freaking out about random strangers on the internet not liking his bike.

My advice to make that bike look better...new crankset, something period correct...black bartape and wheels...road pedals...ditch the saddle bag for the photo...new bottle holder...and match the writing on the tire to the valve stem. That might get you pretty warm.
Well, but Im here for your amusement massa'. GTFOH ...know what I find comical tho? that someone says a bice bike isn't nice simply because it's a Trek or that out of the bunch of you only person took the time to explain what this thread was about, and yeah my bad for not reading the first post, I've violated the sacred hot or not... excuse me, the "improved" hot or not thread rules. Also comical, the putting down people for having a triple, lol... I mean come'on, you just have to admit that's hilarious. Comical? People who wont let ish die. I mean, my bad I made the mistake of posting in here with my hot ---NOT to you, Im not forgetting--- bike, but did I ruin your day? Did I curse your kids? Did I steal your life savings? No, right? yet I get a bunch of somewhat rude-ish responses but I'm comical for making observations about the attitudes of -Some- people in here.

It's ok to be a snob if that's your thing, I'm not being sardonic at all, I'm actually dead serious but when you critique someone for not knowing something (saddle bag, light bracket, etc.) and not explaining why i.e. not being constructive with your criticism, you're pretty much a schmuck whether the recipient of the criticism has thick skin or not... which btw you've no idea what kind of person I am or what ive done in my life, what I'm about, etc. but since this is an internet forum it's pretty much the norm to say stuff you wouldn't a million years say to someone's face, or you might but will more than likely be immediately snuffed.

I mean I'm glad I came to this thread, now I know to raise my saddle 3 feet in the air, slam my stem and take off all safety precautions off my bike to take a picture... then put everything back on, because hotness, right? Oh, I also got my post count up, thanks guys, lol.

About your advice, hmmm... no but thanks. I'll do me. I wont be joining the "HOT" club, just realized it's not for me. I leave with my butthurt packed in my huge saddle bag, lol. Buh bye now.
Old 06-08-15, 04:06 PM
Beach Comber

Bikes: 1973 Peugeot UE-8, 1985 Schwinn Voyageur, 2010 Trek 1.2, 2012 Bianchi Siempre

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SempreCycling
My Bianchi, aside from the obvious stem extending above the bars (need to cut it) - I think it's hot.

I have a pretty soft spot for Sempres so you get a hot from me!
Old 06-08-15, 07:25 PM
bianchi10
King Hoternot

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Evo Hi mod

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well, but Im here for your amusement massa'. GTFOH ...know what I find comical tho? that someone says a bice bike isn't nice simply because it's a Trek or that out of the bunch of you only person took the time to explain what this thread was about, and yeah my bad for not reading the first post, I've violated the sacred hot or not... excuse me, the "improved" hot or not thread rules. Also comical, the putting down people for having a triple, lol... I mean come'on, you just have to admit that's hilarious. Comical? People who wont let ish die. I mean, my bad I made the mistake of posting in here with my hot ---NOT to you, Im not forgetting--- bike, but did I ruin your day? Did I curse your kids? Did I steal your life savings? No, right? yet I get a bunch of somewhat rude-ish responses but I'm comical for making observations about the attitudes of -Some- people in here.

It's ok to be a snob if that's your thing, I'm not being sardonic at all, I'm actually dead serious but when you critique someone for not knowing something (saddle bag, light bracket, etc.) and not explaining why i.e. not being constructive with your criticism, you're pretty much a schmuck whether the recipient of the criticism has thick skin or not... which btw you've no idea what kind of person I am or what ive done in my life, what I'm about, etc. but since this is an internet forum it's pretty much the norm to say stuff you wouldn't a million years say to someone's face, or you might but will more than likely be immediately snuffed.

I mean I'm glad I came to this thread, now I know to raise my saddle 3 feet in the air, slam my stem and take off all safety precautions off my bike to take a picture... then put everything back on, because hotness, right? Oh, I also got my post count up, thanks guys, lol.

About your advice, hmmm... no but thanks. I'll do me. I wont be joining the "HOT" club, just realized it's not for me. I leave with my butthurt packed in my huge saddle bag, lol. Buh bye now.
Jeebus bro. Ya done crying? Stop your hipocracy for just a moment and settle down. Let's try this one last time, nice and simple:

This thread is about LOOKS. What one person likes doesn't mean the rest will agree. Nobody is speaking for any one group. Each person is speaking for themselves. If someone doesn't think a triple LOOKS hot then it's ok for them to not think so. You said it yourself, "Ill do me.". "The "rules" are a general rule of thumb. The fact you didn't read the first page doesn't matter. Sometimes a bike just doesn't look aggressive, Hot, sexy or appealing to the everyman and that's ok.

I understand why it's easy for one to get their feelings hurt in this thread. Most of us love our bikes and tale time to have it look a certain way while staying in tune with being able to ride it comfortably. When someone says not in a nice or not nice way it can sting. I get it, but no need to fly off the handle. Just because someone votes it as a not doesn't mean they are being a snob, it just means they don't like it.

Nobody is suggesting you raise your saddle, slam the stem etc...etc...but generally speaking that is what the "common man" finds Hot. Stage it how you ride it. The "rules" are simply to help give a consistent way to show a bike at its best. I wish I could slam my stem all the way to the headset, but I can't ride comfortably that way. If I get knocked points on that, then so be it.

Easy for me to say though, I'm a snob and my bike is hotter than yours.

Last edited by bianchi10; 06-08-15 at 07:29 PM.
Old 06-08-15, 07:30 PM
TheBlast82

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bianchi10
Jeebus bro. Ya done crying? Stop your hipocracy for just a moment and settle down. Let's try this one last time, nice and simple:

This thread is about LOOKS. What one person likes doesn't mean the rest will agree. Nobody is speaking for any one group. Each person is speaking for themselves. If someone doesn't think a triple LOOKS hot then it's ok for them to not think so. You said it yourself, "Ill do me.". "The "rules" are a general rule of thumb. The fact you didn't read the first page doesn't matter. Sometimes a bike just doesn't look aggressive, Hot, sexy or appealing to the everyman and that's ok.

I understand why it's easy for one to get their feelings hurt in this thread. Most of us love our bikes and tale time to have it look a certain way while staying in tune with being able to ride it comfortably. When someone says not in a nice or not nice way it can sting. I get it, but no need to fly off the handle. Just because someone votes it as a not doesn't mean they are being a snob, it just means they don't like it.

Nobody is suggesting you raise your saddle, slam the stem etc...etc...but generally speaking that is what the "common man" finds Hot. Doesn't mean it's not a nice bike. I wish I could slam my stem all the way to the headset, but I can't ride comfortably that way. If I get knocked points on that, then so be it.

Easy for me to say though, I'm a snob and my bike is hotter than yours.
Ok bud, you win at the internet, great game, keep it up.
Old 06-08-15, 07:37 PM
bianchi10
King Hoternot

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Evo Hi mod

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok bud, you win at the internet, great game, keep it up.
Not trying to win anything man. Just trying to help you understand is all. Like I said, I understand how easy it is to have it sting when someone says "not". In YOUR (or the owner of whichever bike) eyes, your bike is sexy. It's your baby. Youve spent hard to come by money on it and can't see it being anything but hot. At the end of the day, this thread is pointless other than to look at bikes.
Old 06-08-15, 07:44 PM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

The funny thing is that I told you that you had a nice bike with the potential for it to be hot and told you quite nicely what you did wrong and why it won't get a hot. Scroll up to post 2634:
The whole point of the thread is to gussy up the bike and make it look as fancy as possible. You didn't even remove the saddle bag.

What's hot to others, might not be hot to you and vice versa, by posting in this thread, you take your blows and have to have thick skin or else you're never going to make it. Unfortunately, triples and colored tires usually don't get "hots" very often...also platform pedals on a road bike don't cut it either.

It's still a nice bike and has the potential to be a hot bike, but not in it's current standing.
Quite frankly, I give two ****s about what kind of person you are and your online persona makes it seem like you're a bit of a ******.

Your triple belongs on a hybrid commuter...we have a commuter forum, maybe you should post up your bike in there if you want compliments on it.

And careful with the word "massa", [MENTION=183557]rpenmanparker[/MENTION] will have your ass for that one.

Old 06-08-15, 07:59 PM
pdedes
ka maté ka maté ka ora

Bikes: breezer venturi - red novo bosberg - red, pedal force cg1 - red, neuvation f-100 - da, devinci phantom - xt, miele piste - miche/campy, bianchi reparto corse sbx, concorde squadra tsx - da, miele team issue sl - ultegra

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

game over. no credits left.
Old 06-08-15, 08:00 PM
TheBlast82

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The funny thing is that I told you that you had a nice bike with the potential for it to be hot and told you quite nicely what you did wrong and why it won't get a hot. Scroll up to post 2634:

Quite frankly, I give two ****s about what kind of person you are and your online persona makes it seem like you're a bit of a ******.

Your triple belongs on a hybrid commuter...we have a commuter forum, maybe you should post up your bike in there if you want compliments on it.

And careful with the word "massa", @rpenmanparker will have your ass for that one.
I see you wont let it go ah? Have a nice life guy. I won't post on this thread any longer. PM me if you want to keep playing.
Old 06-08-15, 08:38 PM
rekon

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SempreCycling

Hot! Just cut that steerer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.