Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Tandem seller that ships internationally

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Tandem seller that ships internationally

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-16, 06:16 AM
Montius

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any tandem seller that ships internationally?

Im trying to find someone that can ship tandems to Norway, but it proves to be more than just a bit difficult.
Do you guys have any good tips?

Regards

OP

Last edited by Montius; 03-14-16 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-14-16, 03:03 PM
waynesulak

Bikes: Custom 650B tandem by Bob Brown, 650B tandem converted from Santana Arriva, Santana Noventa, Boulder Bicycle 700C, Gunnar Sport

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Montius
Im trying to find someone that can ship tandems to Norway, but it proves to be more than just a bit difficult.

Regards

OP
Santana seems to be committed to Europe in general. Link below is to the Santana Europe web page. They are usually rely on dealer contact rather than web contact so I suggest looking at the dealer listing on that site.

https://www.santana-tandem.com/en/home/index.htm
Old 03-14-16, 03:11 PM
xlbs
xlbs

Bikes: True North TI, Miyata 1000LT, Rodriguez tandem, Fontan vintage road, Sekine vintage road, Catrike recumbent

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Try bikeflights; they will ship to Europe at a discounted rate. Great service.
Old 03-15-16, 02:25 AM
filament

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts

Regards

OP
If you order a custom carbon tandem from me I'll happily send it to Norway. I'm in the UK. Craddock Custom Carbon Fibre Bike Frames
Old 03-15-16, 09:47 AM
waynesulak

Bikes: Custom 650B tandem by Bob Brown, 650B tandem converted from Santana Arriva, Santana Noventa, Boulder Bicycle 700C, Gunnar Sport

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by filament
If you order a custom carbon tandem from me I'll happily send it to Norway. I'm in the UK. Craddock Custom Carbon Fibre Bike Frames
I visited your web site and the bikes look impressive. Do you build your own forks or have them built for you?

Thanks,

Wayne
Old 03-15-16, 10:10 AM
filament

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by waynesulak
I visited your web site and the bikes look impressive. Do you build your own forks or have them built for you?

Thanks,

Wayne
I use stock forks from several brands including ENVE and Dedacciai. It's not cost effective to develop my own fork as I need a few types. I've posted some info on this forum about an aero tandem that I'm making: https://www.bikeforums.net/tandem-cyc...on-tandem.html
Cheers
Old 03-16-16, 03:58 AM
Montius

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by filament
Nice looking frames, but i dont think they are within my meager budget
Old 03-16-16, 03:59 AM
Montius

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waynesulak
Santana seems to be committed to Europe in general. Link below is to the Santana Europe web page. They are usually rely on dealer contact rather than web contact so I suggest looking at the dealer listing on that site.

Santana Europa

Thx for the tip
Old 03-17-16, 10:25 PM
WPH

Bikes: 2015 Apollo Syncro tandem, 2006 Scott CR1 SL (still a beastie race bike), 1993 Trek T200, 2006 Fuji Absolute Le, 2000 Thorn Club Tour

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hello Norway

Try these:
-- Thorn/St John St Cycles (UK)
-- Dolan (UK)
-- Duratec (Czech)
-- Koga (Holland)
-- Lapierre (France)
-- Bike Friday (USA).

I know for a fact that Thorn will ship, Mike in Melbourne had a tandem sent over from Bridgwater a year or two back.

The Duratec is well-regarded and not horribly expensive. You could fly to Prague and back for 300 euros and stay for a week of touring/sightseeing etc!

Cheers

WPH

ps, The Young Bloke loves King Oscar sardines. Are they also popular in Norway? Always wondered...
Old 03-18-16, 06:48 AM
Looigi

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Seven Cycles? Seven Cycles | Custom-Built Carbon, Titanium & Steel Bicycle Frames
Old 03-28-16, 03:36 AM
ksisler

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Montius; Tandems and meager budgets are basically at odds with each other. To sneak in at a budget friendly figure, I would recommend looking for a nice used Santana or Burley on ebay. Most sellers on ebay have no clue how to ship a tandem to the next state let alone across the pond so you will most likely need to research that and handle the shipping arrangements yourself. I have snagged a good number of Santana's well under $1,000, even Sovereign's in decent shape (just apply patience and don't get emotionally involved). For a wag, I would suggest budgeting around $300 to $400 for the transport. And unless the bike is local to you, you may need to pay a shop local to the seller to pack it up for you. On the side; I remember that Santana folks host rides in Europe and apparently they load up the paying guests tandems and get them to Europe somehow. Might be worth asking if you could help fill an empty spot on their transport...

Hope that helps some
/K

Nice looking frames, but i dont think they are within my meager budget
Old 03-28-16, 10:22 AM
qspencer

Bikes: VeloBuild VB-R-027 (road), Miracle Bikes MC-286 (cyclocross), 1986 Raleigh Olympian, X-Peria 5200 (tandem)

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Last year and bought the XPeria 5200 frame from CR2V in France. They shipped the frame to the USA for 100 EUR. They offer a few different tandem frames and complete bikes.

Last edited by qspencer; 03-28-16 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-04-16, 06:34 AM
ksisler

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
$578 delivered to USA for a frame and fork is not a bad price at all. Would have been more immediately impressed if the seller would disclose where the frame was built and what type of aluminum was used. And for a road bike, the 135mm OLN would be acceptable, although 145mm might be better, depending on the OP's total team weight plus any cargo hauling planned. Ok to look askance at my thoughts on OLN, etc., as I run 145mm 48-spoke wheels on my single touring bike..admittedly I am a bit conservative on frame and wheel issues as I don't like to push or have to carry a broken bike home after a component failure.

Anyway, your source might be a good lead for the original poster wanting to get a bike to Norway.

Hope that helps at bit
/K