Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Shimano compatible freehub body on Campy Chorus hub-- will this work?

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-15, 11:39 AM
DOS

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 57 Posts

Just picked up gratis a road wheel, 32h open pro laced to a campy chorus hub. I run all Shimano and understand I can replace freehub body. Is that correct and if so is this the right one to work with my hub, which has 17mm axle (see pics)?

Amazon.com : Campagnolo/Fulcrum Freehub Body for Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10 Cassettes, OS Axle : Bike Cassettes And Freewheels : Sports & Outdoors

Alternatively, if there exists a cassette splined for campy hubs but spaced for Shimano derailleur/shifters, perhaps that's the better option.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (81.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (80.6 KB, 16 views)
Old 01-31-15, 12:18 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,359 Times in 865 Posts
Campag them selves had one to Run Shimano cassettes on a Campag Cassette hub.. but I think that may have been at the 10 or less speed era

saw it listed at $100 .. steel body For durability. Cambria Bike carried them .. Site showed an un opened Plastic Bag with Campag printed on it.

No personal use experience.
Old 01-31-15, 12:53 PM
Batavus

Bikes: Wabi Lightning, fixed 13.6 pounds. Cera steel road bike Campy veloce 9s

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Save yourself some money and run a Campag cassette using your Shimano shifters and mech (assuming it is 10-speed). This combination can be set up to work almost flawlessly without the use of any adapters.
Old 01-31-15, 03:06 PM
DOS

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Batavus
Save yourself some money and run a Campag cassette using your Shimano shifters and mech (assuming it is 10-speed). This combination can be set up to work almost flawlessly without the use of any adapters.
That wouldn't save any money because I'd have to buy the cassette, and I have multiple Shimano compatible cassettes on hand. That said, I suppose it's a wash because buying a freehub or buying a cassette would be about same cost. What would save me money would be to take the wheel apart, build the rim onto the 32h Ultegra hub I have on hand, and maybe sell the chorus hub on eBay. But then I'd have to build the wheel and I am not in the mood. Anyway, I'd still like to know whether the fulcrum freehub I linked to would work with my chorus hub.
Old 01-31-15, 05:09 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,359 Times in 865 Posts
Amazon aint a seller to answer those questions , try a place where you May Pay More But they will have seen the combo .. Excell Colorado Competition, those types

& it's not a project Id ever want to do so have Not... may just have to Risk a Bit

, save the reciept an mail it back if it doesn't work out.
Old 04-18-16, 05:42 AM
swin1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hijacking the latest thread on Campagnolo OS hubs and compatible freehub bodies.

I'm aware of the differences between the 1999-2007 OS hubs and 2008+ hubs, can someone comfirm if the current Shimano body will fit on the round 17mm axle of the earlier hubs, ie this one? The part number is FH-BUU015X1

Last edited by swin1; 04-18-16 at 05:46 AM.