Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from Northern Virgina

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-17, 10:41 AM
schensted

Bikes: 1984 Fuji Touring Series V, 1973 Nishiki Competition, 1980 Raleigh Competition GS, 1983 Trek 600, 1995 Trek 730 Multi-Track, 2010 Nashbar Touring, 2017 Velo-Orange Campeur, 2018 Stanforth Skyelander 650B

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Hello to everyone,

I'm a retired Foreign Service Officer living in Centreville, VA. I've had the privilege of serving in eleven overseas postings but am enjoying retired life here in the U.S. I've been a member of the forum for a while, but haven't participated much. I'm hoping that will change.

I've been seriously involved with bikes since 1974, when I took an after-school job at the local bike shop in Redmond, WA. While I owned a Lambert "aerospace" bike back then, I lusted after the red Schwinn Paramount P15 hanging on the walls of the shop.

My current stable includes a 1980 Raleigh Competition that I restored after it had been neglected for decades in a friend's garage, a 1983 Trek 600, a 1983 Cannondale ST500, a 1986 Specialized Rockhopper, a 1995 Trek 730 hybrid, and a Nashbar touring frame built up into a loaded tourer. Except for the Raleigh, which remains stock, all of my bikes have been modified/upgraded over the year. My philosophy is to strive for period-correctness, but to select the most reliable and aesthetic options available.

I like long-distance cycling and touring, especially on dirt and gravel roads. I'm intrigued by randonneuring and keep planning to participate some day...

I fear I've gone on too long with this introduction. I look forward to hearing from you and plan to post a few photos soon, mostly in the Classic and Vintage forum.

Best regards,

David
Old 02-27-17, 03:48 PM
Thew13 

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Hello and welcome, from another new member. It sounds like you have a nice collection.
Old 02-28-17, 01:04 PM
jvaliensi 

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Hi there!