Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Need folding Bike for m'lady

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Need folding Bike for m'lady

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-17, 09:21 PM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Abu Mahendra
...and so, this justifies your caustic invective and personal attacks?
You don't get to interrupt a conversation with a weird personal attack on a man's business, then accuse someone ELSE of being "caustic". You're a jerk who gets joy out of being weird and negative to other people. I'm done talking to you. Take it up with the moderators.
Old 05-02-17, 09:22 PM
Joe Remi

Bikes: Haibike Sduro Trekking SL, Rivendell Appaloosa, Concinnity singlespeed, KHS mini velo (Japan market), Trident Spike trike

Originally Posted by zoom26
I didn't mean to offend anyone in saying my thoughts in having a freewheel, I am simply just pointing out what I think could be a "con" to it. I still use and used my Dahon Vybe especially during the bad winter days lol.
You didn't offend anyone. I was referring to Abu's weird and unnecessary comment to Piningis.
Old 05-02-17, 10:12 PM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
Originally Posted by zoom26
I didn't mean to offend anyone in saying my thoughts in having a freewheel, I am simply just pointing out what I think could be a "con" to it. I still use and used my Dahon Vybe especially during the bad winter days lol.
When these guys go at each other it is just best to duck and run for cover
Old 05-03-17, 06:23 AM
Abu Mahendra

Bikes: In service - FSIR Spin 3.0, Bannard Sunny minivelo, Dahon Dash Altena folder. Several others in construction or temporarily decommissioned.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 897 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Let the forum record show that for simply expressing my opinion that no new bike in 2017 should come with a freewheel you have called me a 'jerk', 'moron', 'troll', 'weird'. Good show, Joe.

Originally Posted by Joe Remi
You don't get to interrupt a conversation with a weird personal attack on a man's business, then accuse someone ELSE of being "caustic". You're a jerk who gets joy out of being weird and negative to other people. I'm done talking to you. Take it up with the moderators.
Old 05-03-17, 06:56 AM
badmother

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Let the forum record show that for simply expressing my opinion that no new bike in 2017 should come with a freewheel you have called me a 'jerk', 'moron', 'troll', 'weird'. Good show, Joe.
Just curious, what would you like him/us to call you?
Old 05-03-17, 07:12 AM
Diode100

Bikes: 2011 Jetstream P11 Alfine; 3sp Presto-Lite; Occasional Access to 6sp Brompton

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
You don't get to interrupt a conversation with a weird personal attack on a man's business,
Quite right, unless of course it's you banging on about the guy who runs Helix.
Old 05-03-17, 08:12 AM
Joe Remi

Originally Posted by Diode100
Quite right, unless of course it's you banging on about the guy who runs Helix.
In a thread that has gone on for multiple pages about the guy who runs Helix? Sorry, that's on topic. And he still hasn't presented a single bike to a buyer.
Old 05-03-17, 09:57 AM
BassNotBass
master of bottom licks

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
What's the wheelbase on that SoloRock? It looks very short.
Old 05-03-17, 10:15 AM
tdonline

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by linberl
I solved that by purchasing a removable all-in-one ebike wheel I can swap out just when I ride that route.
More on the e-bike wheel please?
Old 05-03-17, 11:05 AM
linberl

Originally Posted by tdonline
More on the e-bike wheel please?
To avoid further derailing the thread, go here: https://www.bikeforums.net/electric-b...ike-wheel.html
Old 05-03-17, 08:43 PM
Abu Mahendra

Bikes: In service - FSIR Spin 3.0, Bannard Sunny minivelo, Dahon Dash Altena folder. Several others in construction or temporarily decommissioned.

Self-appointed sheriff who then, when he's been caught in flagrante, takes refuge in the moderators.

Old 05-03-17, 08:47 PM
Abu Mahendra

if it's essentially a re-badged FSIR, which i think it is, 98cm.

Originally Posted by BassNotBass
What's the wheelbase on that SoloRock? It looks very short.
Old 05-03-17, 08:49 PM
Joe Remi

Self-appointed sheriff who then, when he's been caught in flagrante, takes refuge in the moderators.
Why are you still talking about this? If you don't like being called out for being a troll, report me. Knock yourself out.

Last edited by Joe Remi; 05-03-17 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-03-17, 08:59 PM
Abu Mahendra

I am not the one who painted himself into a corner by saying that he was done talking about this. And then contradicts himself. What I am pointing out now--however understandably inconvenient for you--is that you should have taken your own advice in the first place, and reported my post that you deemed inappropriate to the same mods to which you predictably appeal to now. But you are done talking about this, right? Great.

Why are you still talking about this? If you don't like being called out for being a troll, report me. I've had my say, so go back to making pointless threads about mini velos nobody's heard of and nobody cares about. Knock yourself out.
Old 05-03-17, 09:51 PM
Joe Remi

I am not the one who painted himself into a corner by saying that he was done talking about this. And then contradicts himself. What I am pointing out now--however understandably inconvenient for you--is that you should have taken your own advice in the first place, and reported my post that you deemed inappropriate to the same mods to which you predictably appeal to now. But you are done talking about this, right? Great.
Ya know what? ...fine, last comment edited to say this: It's all yours, I'm out. I don't know why I peruse this forum with all the weird negativity it seems to generate, so it's all yours. I'm not coming back to see how you sure told me..I don't care. I'm​ not enjoying this place, so I'll go somewhere else. Good. Bye.

Last edited by Joe Remi; 05-03-17 at 11:38 PM.
Old 05-04-17, 04:36 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 327 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12036 Post(s)
Liked 6,818 Times in 3,554 Posts
As of yesterday, Abu Mahendra has been instructed to cease posting in this thread. So please carry on with the discussion and ignore the previous negativity.
Old 05-05-17, 10:35 AM
wesgreen

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 29 Posts
I understand not wanting to spin out in top gear, but I always try to force myself to slow down in NYC traffic. There really is no need for speed. It's too dangerous. Even riding slowly you'll get there faster than on foot, by car, or by mass transit most of the time. If you need a challenge or want speed, you can always race up one of the East River bridges.
Old 05-05-17, 11:19 AM
sillymcnasty

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wesgreen
I understand not wanting to spin out in top gear, but I always try to force myself to slow down in NYC traffic. There really is no need for speed. It's too dangerous. Even riding slowly you'll get there faster than on foot, by car, or by mass transit most of the time. If you need a challenge or want speed, you can always race up one of the East River bridges.
Riding slow is the worst. Personally, for meeeee, I try to go as fast as I can. But for her, safety is key lol. I just don't want it to be super sluggish.
Old 05-05-17, 12:37 PM
sillymcnasty

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I showed her the pick of bikes. She went with the Nova because of the better color schemes. Thanks for the help !
Old 05-09-17, 09:25 AM
bhkyte

Bikes: 2X dualdrive Mezzo folder,plus others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
All this talk about gears and specs and we forgot it was for a lady!!
She went for a bright red one ect!!
Lol
I have got read the thread and find this ending hilarious after all the in fighting.
Hope she enjoys the bike all the best.
Old 05-09-17, 11:01 AM
ThorUSA
Banned

Bikes: to many

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
++++ That's the spirit. Doesn't matter what bike as long as it is used and enjoyed

Thor
Old 05-09-17, 11:38 AM
linberl

Originally Posted by sillymcnasty
I showed her the pick of bikes. She went with the Nova because of the better color schemes. Thanks for the help !
Haha, that red is really something. The two downtubes I have seen have both been red =).
Old 05-09-17, 02:17 PM
Joe Remi

Haha, that red is really something. The two downtubes I have seen have both been red =).
It has a 7-speed freewheel! :-D
Old 05-09-17, 04:02 PM
linberl

It has a 7-speed freewheel! :-D
Yes, but not everyone is going to upgrade. At $249, it's a great folder to see if you like riding 20" wheels, find a folder useful in your life, etc. If the OP decides after a year or so to get something better, there's not much of a depreciation loss. Give it away or donate it or sell it on CL for $100.
Bike Forum tends to attract the more obsessive folder riders who just love tweaking and maximizing; that's not who the Nova is marketed at imo.
So - a freewheel or free hub doesn't matter. As for 7 speeds, mine Bike Friday is 7, I bought an 8 speed wheel thinking I would go to 1x10, but I haven't done it. As I get stronger, I find it less essential (and now I'm getting an e bike wheel for the huge hills I couldn't climb even with a triple!).
Old 05-10-17, 02:24 AM
Diode100

Bikes: 2011 Jetstream P11 Alfine; 3sp Presto-Lite; Occasional Access to 6sp Brompton

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bike Forum tends to attract the more obsessive folder riders who just love tweaking and maximizing.
Ain't that the truth.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.