Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Larger "tank" style bags?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-18, 09:55 AM
Philphine

Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts

no sure what section would be best for this question. hope this is good.

I have a couple bags like this on project builds

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELECTRA-TOW...oAAOxyBotTX5gs

they're nice, but kind of small. just looking for similar bags for that location, with a similar "tank" type shape, only larger. and in this case red if I could find it, but regular black if the size is good.

thanks for any help.
Old 02-19-18, 11:58 AM
Milton Keynes

Bikes: Trek 1100 road bike, Roadmaster gravel/commuter/beater mountain bike

Liked 1,710 Times in 936 Posts
I don't know about the tank style bags, but I have seen the full triangle shaped bags which fit inside the entire frame.
Old 02-19-18, 12:06 PM
FrozenK

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Revelate Tangle bag, it is a half frame bag. There are others out there, Apidura comes to mind if you are based in Europe.

If none of them fit your needs, it is time to go custom. Back in the day (ok, 5 or 10 years ago) people used to have the local seamstress sew bags based on a cardboard cutout of the frame triangle. Now there are a lot of people doing custom work. I suggest looking for someone local if you chose that route.
Old 02-19-18, 05:06 PM
TimothyH
- Soli Deo Gloria -

Bikes: 2018 Rodriguez Custom Fixed Gear, 2017 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2015 Bianchi Pista, 2002 Fuji Robaix

Liked 736 Times in 469 Posts
https://www.apidura.com/
Old 02-21-18, 02:43 PM
Nejat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They certainly look nice.
Old 02-21-18, 03:49 PM
tyrion

Bikes: Velo Orange Piolet

Liked 2,011 Times in 972 Posts
Rogue Panda makes custom shaped frame bags.

Old 02-21-18, 06:50 PM
WNCGoater

Bikes: Diamondback Century 3. Marin Four Corners

Liked 11 Times in 6 Posts
I got one of these Banjo Brothers bags.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Not a "tank" style, rather a top tube bag. But I wanted something smallish and yet still large enough to offer reasonable use, that I could use and still not overly interfere with water bottle usage. This bag did the trick. It's stiff with double two way zippers that can be used one handed. And if one zipper went bad, it is still usable with the other zipper. It is very economically priced and yet seems well made to me. They do make a top tube bag that mounts on top, aka "tank" bag.
Old 02-21-18, 08:07 PM
HerrKaLeun

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR1 and Motobecane Sturgis NX

Liked 231 Times in 168 Posts
Someone already mentioned rogue Panda (i own two of theirs and they are great, albeit expensive). someone recommended Moosetrak frame bag.

But the OP asked about a fuel tank bag, which could work in addition to the suggested frame bags. I'm also kind of curious about one since I only have a small standard size fuel tank. For longer tours having a fuel tank in addition to a frame bag would be nice.
Old 02-23-18, 09:51 AM
Philphine

Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
sorry, the subscription thing isn't working for me.

thanks for the replies. i was calling it a "tank" style bag because of the location, and thinking it's a throwback ideafrom the old schwinns that had the horn/light tanks. i don't want it for fuel. i also have the banjo bros. bag on another bike. nicer size, but i'm hoping to find a red bag (i've tried vinyl/cloth paints with some success. if i caught a good enough deal on another banjo bros. i might give that a try).

gonna look into the rouge panda idea too. that's also making me think about the heavy duty sewing machine i was thinking of buying (my mother could sew really well and i'm always tempted to try myself). thanks again.
Old 02-23-18, 10:59 AM
HerrKaLeun

Bikes: Giant Toughroad SLR1 and Motobecane Sturgis NX

Liked 231 Times in 168 Posts
Originally Posted by Philphine
sorry, the subscription thing isn't working for me.

thanks for the replies. i was calling it a "tank" style bag because of the location, and thinking it's a throwback ideafrom the old schwinns that had the horn/light tanks. i don't want it for fuel. i also have the banjo bros. bag on another bike. nicer size, but i'm hoping to find a red bag (i've tried vinyl/cloth paints with some success. if i caught a good enough deal on another banjo bros. i might give that a try).

gonna look into the rouge panda idea too. that's also making me think about the heavy duty sewing machine i was thinking of buying (my mother could sew really well and i'm always tempted to try myself). thanks again.
Oh, I thought you mean a bag like that, just larger. that is what i had along with other small bags and consolidated everything into one frame bag.
Old 06-04-18, 01:33 PM
Ballenxj

Bikes: Diamond Back Apex, Mongoose IBOC Aluminum Road Bike, SR road bike

Liked 167 Times in 116 Posts
Originally Posted by tyrion
Rogue Panda makes custom shaped frame bags.
I just recently became aware of these folks when I asked somebody on another forum where they got their frame bag. Looks like decent stuff.
https://www.roguepanda.com/