Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Seasucker Komodo Road Bike

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Seasucker Komodo Road Bike

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-18, 03:56 PM
rgconner

Bikes: Curtis Inglis Road, 80's Sekai touring fixie

Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
They get points for the Perry the Platypus antenna ball!

Old 09-09-18, 04:02 AM
trekmogul 

Bikes: Salsa Beargrease XX1, Trek Eqnuinox 9.9 SSL, Trek Madone 6.9 ,Trek District Carbon, Trek Boone7, Trek Fuel EX9.0,Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Equinox7, Trek District Belt

Liked 87 Times in 47 Posts
SEASUCKER with Through Axle Mount

This is the new Seasucker Roof Mount Rack with the MTB Through Axle Mount and this one is setup for 15mm axles..
Old 09-09-18, 10:41 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Liked 8,064 Times in 4,472 Posts
You either own a stake in the company or have an odd drive to show off your expensive bike racks.

cant really say which is best.
Old 09-09-18, 11:19 PM
Litespud

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Vortex Chorus 10, 1995 DeBernardi Cromor S/S

Liked 797 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by lyrictenor1
The Komodo is for people whose cars don't have enough mounting surface to mount the fork and the rear wheel. For example, the trunk on my Miata is too short for a bike, so the Komodo solves that by reduces the footprint required for the rack.
While people, rightly or wrongly, pooh-pooh the cost and necessity of this rack, you've just illustrated the perfect application - it allows you to fit a rack where real estate is constrained.
Old 09-10-18, 06:01 AM
trekmogul 

Bikes: Salsa Beargrease XX1, Trek Eqnuinox 9.9 SSL, Trek Madone 6.9 ,Trek District Carbon, Trek Boone7, Trek Fuel EX9.0,Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Equinox7, Trek District Belt

Originally Posted by mstateglfr
You either own a stake in the company or have an odd drive to show off your expensive bike racks.

Like Cycling Shoes, Wheels, Tires and Helmets, one can never have to many bike racks in the stable.. Nope investment in that company what so ever..!
Old 09-10-18, 07:42 AM
tagaproject6

Bikes: Wilier Izoard XP (Record);Cinelli Xperience (Force);Specialized Allez (Rival);Bianchi Via Nirone 7 (Centaur); Colnago AC-R Disc;Colnago V1r Limited Edition;De Rosa King 3 Limited(Force 22);DeRosa Merak(Red):Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Hydro(Di2)

Liked 278 Times in 146 Posts

You haven't been paying attention.
Old 09-10-18, 09:15 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Originally Posted by trekmogul
Like Cycling Shoes, Wheels, Tires and Helmets, one can never have to many bike racks in the stable.. Nope investment in that company what so ever..!
To each their own and all, but I don’t think many would agree with a claim that you can never have too many bike racks.

What people spend their money on is their business and shouldn’t be criticized…unless they force it into conversation like you continually do here.

I have a tray rack that converts from 2 bikes to 4 bikes. It does everything I want.
I also have a swinging rack in case we need to use a rack on our other car. It hasn’t been touched in 2 years.
I would say our 2 bike racks are all I need, so if I had another, I would have too many. There ya go- one can have too many bike racks if they have 3.

As for helmets- I can only wear 1 at a a time, so if I have more than 2 then I have too many.

So is all this just bragging and not (thinly veiled)advertising for a product you have financial ties to?
Old 09-10-18, 09:17 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Originally Posted by tagaproject6
You haven't been paying attention.
Yeah, i had been blissfully ignorant of this, but I am certainly now hooked- this thread has been like watching one of those tacky reality shows where someone with new money is showing off their house.
Old 09-12-18, 07:29 AM
trekmogul 

Just received this new 2018 Limited Edition TDF Sesucker that only 20 of them were made. Keep coming up with new things SEASUCKER as I love it...!
Old 09-12-18, 07:32 AM
69chevy
wears long socks

Liked 19 Times in 11 Posts
I can’t tell if you’re trying to advertise, show off disposable income, are trolling or just have a deep passion for seasuckers.

Regardless, I think you’re turning people off of anything you own, me included.
Old 09-12-18, 08:56 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Liked 9,462 Times in 4,673 Posts
Originally Posted by 69chevy
Regardless, I think you’re turning people off of anything you own, me included.
Seasuckers have a pretty clear niche - if one made sense for me, an over-enthusiastic owner wouldn't dissuade me from purchasing one.
Old 09-12-18, 02:29 PM
dgasmd
shedding fat

Bikes: LOOK 595 Ultra/Campy Record 10Sp, restored Guerciotti/Campy C-Record 6 Sp, TIME RXR/Campy SR 11Sp, and Colnago C-60 with Campagnolo SR 11sp.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Seriously considered getting one of these a while back. The thing that kept me from getting it was that I while I have no doubt it would hold the bike just fine at high speeds and such, the idea of putting the suction cups on glass surfaces made me not do it. My car has a very large glass pane on top, and the idea that the force generated by the racks pulling from the glass if the cups where in it would somehow loosen up the edges of where the glass is attach leading to leaks later down the road. May be an entirely irrational idea, but doesn't seem as such to me.

One awesome thing about these racks is that they can be put in bike traveling bag and used on virtually any rental on the other end. Not something you can do with the other combersome racks like the Saris I use now.
Old 09-12-18, 03:01 PM
tagaproject6

Bikes: Wilier Izoard XP (Record);Cinelli Xperience (Force);Specialized Allez (Rival);Bianchi Via Nirone 7 (Centaur); Colnago AC-R Disc;Colnago V1r Limited Edition;De Rosa King 3 Limited(Force 22);DeRosa Merak(Red):Pinarello Dogma 65.1 Hydro(Di2)

Liked 278 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by dgasmd
Seriously considered getting one of these a while back. The thing that kept me from getting it was that I while I have no doubt it would hold the bike just fine at high speeds and such, the idea of putting the suction cups on glass surfaces made me not do it. My car has a very large glass pane on top, and the idea that the force generated by the racks pulling from the glass if the cups where in it would somehow loosen up the edges of where the glass is attach leading to leaks later down the road. May be an entirely irrational idea, but doesn't seem as such to me.

One awesome thing about these racks is that they can be put in bike traveling bag and used on virtually any rental on the other end. Not something you can do with the other combersome racks like the Saris I use now.
Get it. It works well on my R8 with a hefty glass back and haven't had any issues.
Old 09-13-18, 08:36 AM
JohnJ80

Bikes: N+1=5

Liked 246 Times in 182 Posts

Well said. But I'm probably going to buy two single bike versions for travel for exactly the reasons you describe. And I'm certain I'll worry about it the entire time.

J.
Old 09-17-18, 02:33 PM
Masque

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, 2011 and 2017

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ride the same bike on every major road ride, rather than having a fresh one available for each hour of every day, but you'll never catch me carrying it on the freeway exposed in the open air, for all the gravel and bugs to hit. I don't know that having a stable with 50 of the same bike would change my viewpoint any less, unless the sound of the frame meeting road debris helped distract me from the nauseating guilt of excess consumption.

Beautiful racks, elegant design, but they don't solve the fundamental problem of "I can't afford my own private freeway, so those awful trucks keep driving in front of me", and the similar problem of "when I come back to my car at the hotel, I prefer my bikes to be where I left them".

I suppose if I only parked behind gates, or my driver stayed in the car while I slept, maybe the second issue wouldn't be as important. But the first one still isn't solved by this rack.

That yellow one is nice. Still available; I'd buy two if they did more than just stick my bikes in the wind. As it is, a $25 seat cover in the back affords me climate-controlled transportation for two complete bikes and every accessory needed for a week on the road with a friend.

Hm. Maybe I can find a yellow seat cover.
Old 10-02-18, 04:32 PM
dgasmd
shedding fat

Bikes: LOOK 595 Ultra/Campy Record 10Sp, restored Guerciotti/Campy C-Record 6 Sp, TIME RXR/Campy SR 11Sp, and Colnago C-60 with Campagnolo SR 11sp.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tagaproject6
Get it. It works well on my R8 with a hefty glass back and haven't had any issues.
It is not the back suction cup force on the glass holding the rear of the bike that concerns me. It is the front one that faces the wind and creates a lot of force upwards and backward on the front of the bike. I'd imagine it was a suction cup with 2-400 lb of suction force pulling on the roof glass of the car when going at hwy speeds.
Old 10-02-18, 07:14 PM
zippifish

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm glad I have a vehicle where I can just put my bikes and surfboards inside mostly for security reasons, my dogs like the extra room too. Wife drives a Jag XF so we're all good, $1400 will buy a nice set of wheels, just sayin.
Old 10-02-18, 07:21 PM
GlennR
On Your Left

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Sram eTap, Zipp 303

Liked 2,435 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by zippifish
I$1400 will buy a nice set of wheels, just sayin.
Do you have any idea how many sets of wheels the OP has... more than you can count.
Old 10-03-18, 12:36 PM
trekmogul 

I'm glad I have a vehicle where I can just put my bikes and surfboards inside mostly for security reasons, my dogs like the extra room too. Wife drives a Jag XF so we're all good, $1400 will buy a nice set of wheels, just sayin.
IMO Your not getting much of a set of wheels for that money..! Possibly one..?
Old 10-03-18, 01:29 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Originally Posted by trekmogul
IMO Your not getting much of a set of wheels for that money..! Possibly one..?
I have typed and deleted a few things so far as I dont want to be reported to mods for pushing forum rules too far.
just...good lord.
Old 10-03-18, 01:45 PM
trekmogul 

Originally Posted by JohnJ80
Well said. But I'm probably going to buy two single bike versions for travel for exactly the reasons you describe. And I'm certain I'll worry about it the entire time.

J.
I have been using them for over 10 years now and all over the world to include Dubai, UAE, Colombo, Sri Lanka and here in USA with never ever a single issue at all. I do carry quite expensive bikes along with wheel sets and never once have given it any thought. The only issue I ever have is while in Sri Lanka every year, I keep getting stopped by the police as they can not figure out how I have my bike attached to the roof of the car..
Old 10-03-18, 01:47 PM
trekmogul 

We all have our reasons for and against something as always but zero regrets here as I own more then 6 of them in all different models for all possible applications...
Old 10-03-18, 01:49 PM
trekmogul 

It is not the back suction cup force on the glass holding the rear of the bike that concerns me. It is the front one that faces the wind and creates a lot of force upwards and backward on the front of the bike. I'd imagine it was a suction cup with 2-400 lb of suction force pulling on the roof glass of the car when going at hwy speeds.
Rated at 225MPH so going up to 80+ MPH has never been any issue for me...
Old 10-03-18, 01:53 PM
trekmogul 

While in DUBAI on there 100+MPH Roads no issue with my Trek Emonda SLR8
Old 10-03-18, 02:08 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Liked 9,462 Times in 4,673 Posts
I have typed and deleted a few things so far as I dont want to be reported to mods for pushing forum rules too far.
just...good lord.
​​​​​​That pushes your buttons enough that you're in danger of violating forum rules? Good lord, indeed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.