Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

2010 Trek FX 7.5 upgrade over 2016 Trek FX 7.2??

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-20, 12:37 PM
mpizzle421

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi there,

Quick question. I tried to do some googling to figure this out and had a difficult time.

My son and I have been biking together. I bought my wife a 2017 Trek 7.4 fx a few months back to ride with me. My son has been using it more than her (he's 5'9" and it's a 15" WSD) and I figured he needed his own.

I saw this as an opportunity to get myself a better bike. I found a 2010 fx 7.5. Just wanted some input on this being an upgrade. The bike is supposedly in great condition and worth the 375 it's being sold for I'm assuming (in spite of it's age) - is my assumption valid and would you consider it an improvement over what I ride now (a 2016 7.2 fx)?
Old 06-08-20, 07:24 PM
yashinon

Bikes: Trek Domane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Go for it!

Originally Posted by mpizzle421
Hi there,

Quick question. I tried to do some googling to figure this out and had a difficult time.

My son and I have been biking together. I bought my wife a 2017 Trek 7.4 fx a few months back to ride with me. My son has been using it more than her (he's 5'9" and it's a 15" WSD) and I figured he needed his own.

I saw this as an opportunity to get myself a better bike. I found a 2010 fx 7.5. Just wanted some input on this being an upgrade. The bike is supposedly in great condition and worth the 375 it's being sold for I'm assuming (in spite of it's age) - is my assumption valid and would you consider it an improvement over what I ride now (a 2016 7.2 fx)?

The 2010 FX 7.5 has better components and will be lighter. The 7.5 has a carbon fork, making the ride smoother. As long as the frame is in good shape and the price is right, I'd go for it.