Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

WTB: French Threaded Pedal

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-21, 08:57 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2340 Post(s)
Liked 5,197 Times in 1,822 Posts

***Found some pedals, thanks all! ******

Finishing up the Stella and considering keeping it original for the pedals vs retapping. I've sourced some at vendors but thought I'd check here too. I'm also waiting to hear back from the local bike collective.

Anyone holding some nice looking silver platform style French Threaded pedals?

These will be for the Stella if I decide to go that route.

Thanks!

Last edited by jamesdak; 01-22-21 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-22-21, 09:31 AM
tronnyjenkins 

Bikes: One new one, a couple old ones, and a mountain bike.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
Finishing up the Stella and considering keeping it original for the pedals vs retapping. I've sourced some at vendors but thought I'd check here too. I'm also waiting to hear back from the local bike collective.

Anyone holding some nice looking silver platform style French Threaded pedals?

These will be for the Stella if I decide to go that route.

Thanks!
I知 sure you have looked, but I知 pretty sure there are some Lyotard ones on fleaBay.
Old 01-22-21, 09:53 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Originally Posted by tronnyjenkins
I知 sure you have looked, but I知 pretty sure there are some Lyotard ones on fleaBay.
Yep, I have. I've found NOS ones cheaper at vendors though. Just looking here first to see if anyone has a set to unload. The NOS on Ebay aren't that much less than I paid for the bike, LOL! The vendor ones are a lot cheaper, same models.
Old 01-22-21, 02:34 PM
tronnyjenkins 

Bikes: One new one, a couple old ones, and a mountain bike.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesdak
Yep, I have. I've found NOS ones cheaper at vendors though. Just looking here first to see if anyone has a set to unload. The NOS on Ebay aren't that much less than I paid for the bike, LOL! The vendor ones are a lot cheaper, same models.
I知 not surprised- sorry I couldn稚 be of more help. Good luck!
Likes For tronnyjenkins:
Old 01-22-21, 02:40 PM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1141 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
I have a few pairs of Lyotard 460D if it's interesting. At least one or two pairs are French thread.

That said, the 460D have a reputation of eventual failure. *I* haven't had it happen but I've seen at least two posts since I've been a BF member where others reported this.

I've also got some CA45 pedals I was selling cheap on here - I think like $25? - a while back. Missing end caps and needing a repack, one quill end was slightly chewed up. Edit: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...rd-thread.html and I'm happy to drop the price. since I guess $25 shipped is too steep

Likes For francophile:
Old 01-22-21, 10:34 PM
jamesdak 

Originally Posted by francophile
I have a few pairs of Lyotard 460D if it's interesting. At least one or two pairs are French thread.

That said, the 460D have a reputation of eventual failure. *I* haven't had it happen but I've seen at least two posts since I've been a BF member where others reported this.

I've also got some CA45 pedals I was selling cheap on here - I think like $25? - a while back. Missing end caps and needing a repack, one quill end was slightly chewed up. Edit: https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...rd-thread.html and I'm happy to drop the price. since I guess $25 shipped is too steep
Hey I honestly do appreciate the offer. I am going a different route though. As I researched various pedals I did find info on them failing. A couple of other models I were considering had some issues to make me leery of them too. I got this bike as a fun winter project and fully understanding I'll most likely move it on to someone else. So the thought of someone getting hurt on a bike that got from me bothers me. So I decided to play it safe on the pedals for peace of mind. And Kudo's for your honesty! With all the bike's I go through I've learned of several parts prone to failure from the good folks here.
Old 01-23-21, 07:41 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5898 Post(s)
Liked 3,513 Times in 2,094 Posts
Are you going to sell this? you just bought this, right? If you plan on selling, you might want to tap it to English.