Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Hats off to the Garmin Support Team

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Hats off to the Garmin Support Team

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-21, 07:37 PM
Rolling15
Ontheroad

Bikes: Felt Z2

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Thumbs up Hats off to the Garmin Support Team

I recently purchased a new Galaxy S21 with Android 11. On my first ride of the season, I attempted to use the new phone with my two year old Garmin Edge 1030. The device did not operate as it had in the past. I tried troubleshooting the issues but was unsuccessful in my attempts. I thought that perhaps that there might be some form of incompatibility with the new phone or operating system and the Edge 1030.

I emailed Garmin Support on Sunday night and explained my tale of woo. First thing Monday morning I received an email from a person named Thomas at Garmin with several possible solutions. The suggestions listed steps that I had already taken, so I wrote him back looking for additional guidance. I really didn’t expect any additional assistance except for a suggestion to view various forums or FAQ links. To my surprise, later on Monday, I received another personal email from the support team suggesting additional troubleshooting ideas. Bingo! I now have a fully functioning device.

Most of us with Garmin devices have had to live through software teething issues, but I wanted to give credit where credit is due. Hats off to the Garmin Support Team. I was very pleased that their instructions fixed my connection difficulty, but I never expected the rapid response and personal troubleshooting guidance I received.
Likes For Rolling15:
Old 03-23-21, 10:42 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Liked 5,019 Times in 3,453 Posts
I've been using Garmin stuff since before 2005. I've always had a good result with their support.

My preference is to call them, because then I can quickly eliminate all the things I've already tried that are naturally the things they recommend first. With their phone system, they give you the option to have them call you back so you don't have to sit on hold for a long time. Usually they call back within an hour though it has occasionally been longer.

Glad you had enough gumption to fire back another email when the first didn't help. Many don't then they gripe.