Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Fundraiser Purchase

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Fundraiser Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-21, 09:06 PM
Sjtaylor

Liked 81 Times in 20 Posts
Fundraiser Purchase

A local charity bicycle exchange had a fundraiser sale. I purchased a Trek 710 frame and fork for $100 and a set of wheels for $100. I also purchased a drop bar and Shimano bar end shifters for $70. I have a stash of parts to hopefully complete an all-road bike build. The sale was crowded with mostly shorter people. I was the only one tall enough to use the 25” Trek 710 frame. Lucky for me.

So far I’ve completed the mods to fit 40mm tires in the frame. To accomplish that I converted to Mafac Competition brakes and indented the chainstays. I added cable stops to convert from side pulls to the center pulls. 40mm tires are pretty tight at the brake mount bracket even after a little work with a half round file. 38mm gravelly tires will be a future purchase.

I had to stop and take a photo of widish tires in that frame.

Old 06-06-21, 08:14 AM
bwilli88 
Not lost wanderer.

Bikes: Cambodia bikes, Bridgestone SRAM 2 speed, 2012 Fuji Stratos...

Liked 1,123 Times in 591 Posts
Nice setup, I love wide tire bikes.