Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Aventon mataro aero seatpost alternatives

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-21, 01:22 PM
kussembekov

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey! Got an issue with my Aventon Mataro 2018 seatpost being a pure slipping crap (in a saddle lock). It always tilts and moves the saddle regardless of my wish. Tuning saddle level is almost impossible of an extremely sketchy stupid 1-bolt construction. If there anybody who replaced of found a replacement seatpost alternatives? Been writing to Aventon also — they don't care much about that.

Recent googling led me to Specialized Venge which is of a same shape and pretty comparable but I cannot find any end dimensions of it.

Thnx!
Old 07-24-21, 08:21 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 4488 Post(s)
Liked 4,161 Times in 2,784 Posts
Unlikely the old Venge is the same, a lot of those aero posts are all goofy dimensions and pretty terrible all around unless you are racing and need the aerodynamics. I would ditch the bike and find something that uses a standard seatpost in 27.2, 30.9 or 31.6 so you can easily find seatposts and will for years.

You could certainly try the Venge post but that could get expensive. I am assuming you have torqued everything to spec and used a mild threadlocking compound?

Aventonton is now making crappy electric bikes (and I don't mean to say that E-bikes are crappy just that their product is crappy).
Old 07-24-21, 11:49 PM
kussembekov

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Unlikely the old Venge is the same, a lot of those aero posts are all goofy dimensions and pretty terrible all around unless you are racing and need the aerodynamics. I would ditch the bike and find something that uses a standard seatpost in 27.2, 30.9 or 31.6 so you can easily find seatposts and will for years
if only I had spare money for that(

Yeah, I always tighten to specs and use carbon friction paste with my seatpost. The case is quality of the seatpost components is rather poor: saddle holding cups are wobbly and badly mold. The metal (cups are made of) itself is nowhere near rigid and it needs about 20 mins of tighten-loosen cycles to get the saddle adjusted properly. I even had to use a lathe to grind them evenly because they come crooked in stock. I also replaced the stock m6 secure bolt to m8 because it bends under my weight (only 75 kilos btw).
Old 07-31-21, 02:11 PM
browndude3649

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Dang the quality issues ur having make me glad I didn't get track frame from them afew years ago. Esp since I weigh over 200lbs.