Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Mid-Atlantic
Reload this Page >

Biking the Paint Branch/Anacostia River Trail System

Search
Notices
Mid-Atlantic Pennsylvania | Maryland | DC | Delaware | West Virginia | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-23, 12:04 PM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked 305 Times in 217 Posts

I put a short writeup here on this morning's 34 mile loop from College Park down to the DC waterfront and back on the excellent trail system.
Old 07-17-23, 03:21 PM
balto charlie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 99 Posts
Nice report. I rode that route a few weeks ago, stopped in at the National aquatic garden on the way down to look at the Lotus flowers in bloom, beautiful flower. The bike/ped paths on the Douglas bridge are spectacular. The bike/ped infrastructure is almost as big as the car infrastructure......finally! They have also added some new bike lanes on lower Pennsyvania Ave and the I street area. DC cycling is first class.
Old 07-17-23, 05:26 PM
morsetaper2

Bikes: 2013 Felt F1 Carbon, 2000 Cervelo Prodigy, 2004 Kona Unit SS, 2005 Santa Cruz Blur, 2012 Trek 7.5FX, 1992 Trek 750

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Have ridden that trail and route quite a few times. Its a really nice ride. Anyone riding it be sure to check out the Aquatic Gardens when going that way, as was mentioned above. We usually park at Lake Artemesia as well. Then head towards Bladensburg where we'll PU the NW branch trail and/or Sligo Creek Trail. We have gone as far north as Wheaton Regional Park on those trails but I don't remember how we did them.

One of these days I going to do a ride from my house in Gaithersburg to my mothers house in Bowie. I'll be using parts of the NW Branch Trail & Anacostia Trails once I figure out the full route I'll take.