Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

All aluminum BMX frame + fork - no markings, ID?

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-23, 04:38 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Liked 4,513 Times in 2,131 Posts

This is barely a valuation thread and more a “what is it” thread - but it doesn’t seem right to spam either the main C&V forum with it or BMX either, especially when I plan to flip this thing anyway.

Just picked it up locally. BMX racing frame with no identifying markers other than a rather unique serial number format. Downtube decal was just put there, I doubt it has any relevance to originality.

Made for 451mm wheels, not 406, and even the steerer tube is aluminum. It had a 20.5mm Odyssey stem in it too; I assume the steerer ID is smaller than the typical 21.1mm given that it’s aluminum and not steel.

Components on it were a mish-mash, but pretty decent overall.

-Kurt

Old 01-01-24, 12:17 PM
wesmamyke

Liked 86 Times in 76 Posts
Some kind of mini race frame for kids, no idea on brand/maker. They usually had some almost cyclocross style skinny tubular tires.

The BMX museum forum would probably be a good place to post it, they have a for sale section too.

Is this the same style of stem? https://www.ebay.com/itm/325758313827
Old 01-02-24, 02:19 PM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Liked 1,859 Times in 654 Posts
Originally Posted by wesmamyke
Some kind of mini race frame for kids, no idea on brand/maker. They usually had some almost cyclocross style skinny tubular tires.

The BMX museum forum would probably be a good place to post it, they have a for sale section too.

Is this the same style of stem? https://www.ebay.com/itm/325758313827
No, note the 80's style heavy flat rear brake bridge no canti/ u-brake studs satin hand polish look hand done welds and old school size stem BB specs's. To me it looks to be a limited production US hand built frame set with no Id other than a some what random serial number unlikely the builder made enough bikes to have this long of cryptic number Which doesn't help much since there were a couple hundred builders in the US during the BMX boom of the 80's and into the 90's making very similar bikes. Or it could be much more modern built Asian built bike from the late 90's or 2000''s built as near copies of the US BMX stuff which the Odessy stem may indicate, for value I could give guess if you still have the stem that fits headset and BB I would say $150-200 unknown and $300 or so known US builder with good ID info and $150-200 later Asian maybe less. The https://bmxmuseum.com/ is likely a better place to look for info on this bike than here.
Old 01-03-24, 12:24 AM
AngryFrankie

Bikes: Trek 400 Elance, Losa Winner, 1994 Schwinn Paramount, Specialized Tarmac Pro, Miele SLX, Ibis Ripley, Colnago Oval CX, 84 Masi GC, 1986 Schwinn Voyageur, 1988 Schwinn Tempo, 1998 Schwinn Peloton, 1991 Paramount Ser3

Liked 94 Times in 57 Posts
May very well be a Profile. Look at 2000 ish Profiles at bmxmuseum and you'll see somewhat similar aluminum forks.
Old 01-03-24, 08:58 AM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Liked 1,859 Times in 654 Posts
The not so well done flat plate hand done rear brake bridge would seem to rule out Profile's which would have U-brake or canti post's if made after 90 or so and likely a fitted round top bridge if 80's. Yet the fork does look 80's Profile maybe the fork is higher end and fitted to the frame upgraded nicer forks were pretty common on better 80's BMX stuff. The several i had back in the day all had upgraded Tange forks which this one looks like. Some pics info on whatever component's the bike had when the OP got IT may shed some light on ID age of the frame set.

Last edited by zukahn1; 01-03-24 at 09:10 AM.