Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Bikeinn.com experiences?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Bikeinn.com experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-24, 09:15 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Liked 596 Times in 449 Posts
Prices are great, processing and shipping is fast. Ordered 2-3x so far in the last 2 years and all went well.
Old 01-03-24, 09:47 AM
Eyes Roll

Liked 80 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by eduskator
Prices are great, processing and shipping is fast. Ordered 2-3x so far in the last 2 years and all went well.
Wonder how long ago was your last order with them? And how long (i.e., days/weeks) did they take to deliver the merchandise at your door?
Old 01-03-24, 10:11 AM
eduskator

Last order was made on July 30, 2023, shipped the next day, and delivered to my door by DHL the next Monday. I live in Canada.

Shipping was faster than most stuff I buy inside my own country and from the great US of A.
Old 01-03-24, 10:16 AM
Eyes Roll

Last order was made on July 30, 2023, shipped the next day, and delivered to my door by DHL the next Monday. I live in Canada.

Shipping was faster than most stuff I buy inside my own country and from the great US of A.
How many days? Couldn't be faster than Amazon Prime.

Most stuff I order on Amazon get delivered at my door step in the US in about a week or less time, free shipping with a minimum of $35 worth of merchandise per order. If I am not happy with the merchandise and/or the product is defective, I can return the product at no shipping cost and get the refund in no time. Couldn't go wrong with Amazon, if you are happy with the price.

Last edited by Eyes Roll; 01-03-24 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-03-24, 10:21 AM
eduskator

You're comparing oranges with apples... Amazon ships from a nearby warehouse in your area. Bikeinn ships from Spain or a nearby country.

If you find a better price on Amazon, then ordering there is the logical thing to do.
Old 01-03-24, 10:25 AM
Eyes Roll

You're comparing oranges with apples... Amazon ships from a nearby warehouse in your area. Bikeinn ships from Spain or a nearby country.

If you find a better price on Amazon, then ordering there is the logical thing to do.
You haven't answered my direct question, so, I do not have any confusion. How many days?
Old 01-03-24, 10:29 AM
eduskator

Can you calculate or you're a bot? You have all the data required above
Likes For eduskator:
Old 01-03-24, 10:34 AM
canamdad

Bikes: 1980 Mercian Pro steel, 2005 Specialized Roubaix, 2016 Norco Search, 2018 Ritchey Breakaway, 2019 Giant Defy

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
You Tube video of BikeInn warehouse visit

Path Less Pedalled just did an in person visit to the warehouse in Spain.. They were placing an in person order. Looks like a big operation. Have ordered a couple of times for delivery to Canada in 2024. Good prices and no problems with delivery. They don't use a broker to collect taxes, duty and rely on Canada Customs to do that which, unless you're ordering something very expensive, seem to let it slide. No broker excess fees either. Guess in US you can bring in $800. without duty/taxes?
Old 01-03-24, 10:49 AM
Eyes Roll

It's not the first time that the younger sibling across the border has displayed typical younger sibling behavior, at the same time expressing occasional jealousy, sarcasm, and complaining attitude about their older counterpart.

What's new?
Old 01-03-24, 12:18 PM
eduskator

This guy's definitively a bot.
Old 01-03-24, 07:21 PM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Liked 572 Times in 325 Posts
I had a much different experience. Prices were good. I paid a little extra for express shipping... My package cleared US customs, then it sat. And sat... And sat! In a warehouse 200 miles from my house.

About a week in I contacted BikeInn. Their response was approximately "no es mi trabajo." Contacted DHL. They said that the shipper needed to contact them to initiate a trace.

After several back and forth e-mails I contacted what I thought was DHL sales in the US. Turned out it was DHL of Costa Rica. They said "si esta mi trabajo", and they contacted DHL of Spain who contacted DHL in the US and in a little less than 4 weeks I had my "express" shipping package.

I requested a refund on the express shipping from BikeInn which I believe to be reasonable since DHL US said that only the shipper could ask for a refund. I didn't hear squat. I just got some Jumbo Jim and GP5000 tyres from Merlin. Shipped UPS. Arrived in four days. Everything I buy from Fat Lad at the Back has been shipped via DHL and has arrived in four days.

I believe that if BikeInn had contacted DHL and said "what is going on?" I would have had my package a lot earlier. Or else they would have been told it was lost and could have shipped a replacement at DHL's expense.

I will not order from them again, not because the package was delayed but because their responses to my e-mails were along the lines of "and what do you think we should do about it? Sod off!"
Likes For DangerousDanR:
Old 01-03-24, 07:50 PM
Eyes Roll

Originally Posted by DangerousDanR
I had a much different experience. Prices were good. I paid a little extra for express shipping... My package cleared US customs, then it sat. And sat... And sat! In a warehouse 200 miles from my house.

About a week in I contacted BikeInn. Their response was approximately "no es mi trabajo." Contacted DHL. They said that the shipper needed to contact them to initiate a trace.

After several back and forth e-mails I contacted what I thought was DHL sales in the US. Turned out it was DHL of Costa Rica. They said "si esta mi trabajo", and they contacted DHL of Spain who contacted DHL in the US and in a little less than 4 weeks I had my "express" shipping package.

I requested a refund on the express shipping from BikeInn which I believe to be reasonable since DHL US said that only the shipper could ask for a refund. I didn't hear squat. I just got some Jumbo Jim and GP5000 tyres from Merlin. Shipped UPS. Arrived in four days. Everything I buy from Fat Lad at the Back has been shipped via DHL and has arrived in four days.

I believe that if BikeInn had contacted DHL and said "what is going on?" I would have had my package a lot earlier. Or else they would have been told it was lost and could have shipped a replacement at DHL's expense.

I will not order from them again, not because the package was delayed but because their responses to my e-mails were along the lines of "and what do you think we should do about it? Sod off!"
That's the exact impression I've got after contacting their 'non-existent' customer service.

'We work in our own ways. We wouldn't give a rat's ass about you or your business. Deal with us at your own risk.'
Likes For Eyes Roll:
Old 01-03-24, 11:54 PM
Mtracer

Liked 346 Times in 217 Posts
I’ve used them twice without issue. Except shipping is slow to the US. Tracking is pointless. Says things like will be delivered on a certain date, and I think that may just be the date it gets handed off to the US postal system just to finally get here weeks after that.

But I do get the order. I just wouldn’t use them for anything I wanted in less than 3-4 weeks or so.

I don’t see this as their fault, just the reality of buying something from a vendor in another country without paying ridiculously high shipping for FedEx or similar.
Old 01-04-24, 12:16 AM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Liked 572 Times in 325 Posts
Originally Posted by Mtracer
I don’t see this as their fault, just the reality of buying something from a vendor in another country without paying ridiculously high shipping for FedEx or similar.
The issue I have is that I paid for express shipping, and when the package was delayed they didn't do a damned thing to get DHL to get the lead out. It had cleared customs and the tracking info showed it 200 miles away.
Things happen. Packages get delayed. But not trying to help in that situation is bad customer service. Bad customer service is a deal breaker.
Old 01-04-24, 05:50 AM
choddo

Liked 480 Times in 357 Posts
They are a (very) low cost high volume warehouse fulfillment gig. Doesn’t surprise me that when things go well it’s all good, when things go wrong, customer service isn’t the best.

Less than a week for Amazon Prime is nothing to shout about. I sometimes get stuff from them the same day and always inside 24 hours if it’s in stock and I don’t live in a city but they do have a distribution place about 20 miles away. No drones yet though.

p.s. I’m thinking July 30 to the following Monday is 8 days on most (Gregorian) calendars so not sure why the interrogation was initiated.

Last edited by choddo; 01-04-24 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-04-24, 06:07 AM
eduskator

Originally Posted by choddo
They are a (very) low cost high volume warehouse fulfillment gig. Doesn’t surprise me that when things go well it’s all good, when things go wrong, customer service isn’t the best.

Less than a week for Amazon Prime is nothing to shout about. I sometimes get stuff from them the same day and always inside 24 hours if it’s in stock and I don’t live in a city but they do have a distribution place about 20 miles away. No drones yet though.

p.s. I’m thinking July 30 to the following Monday is 8 days on most (Gregorian) calendars so not sure why the interrogation was initiated.
You're right on it. It's a huge warehouse selling discounted stuff (sometimes at very low prices). It comes with a price.

Both of my experiences were positive though - package arrived within 1 week after ordering it and it was international shipping. At the price I paid (for instance, 250$ instead of 450$) for the item, I wouldn't have complained if it would have taken more time.

I agree, however, that once you have a bad experience with customer service, you're most likely not going to order there anymore, which will result into long term loss of revenues to the company. I am not aware of their values or mentality regarding this however. They may simply not care.

Last edited by eduskator; 01-04-24 at 09:52 AM.
Likes For eduskator:
Old 01-04-24, 09:30 AM
crazyravr

Bikes: 1 for road & 1 for gravel

Liked 47 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Eyes Roll
How many days? Couldn't be faster than Amazon Prime.

Most stuff I order on Amazon get delivered at my door step in the US in about a week or less time, free shipping with a minimum of $35 worth of merchandise per order. If I am not happy with the merchandise and/or the product is defective, I can return the product at no shipping cost and get the refund in no time. Couldn't go wrong with Amazon, if you are happy with the price.
how can you even think about comparing these two lol
You might as well say that you prefer amazon because they can ship food and a tv to your door and BikeInn does not lol
For anyone "sane" its a great option and everything is cheaper than I can find locally.
Old 01-04-24, 09:55 AM
Eyes Roll

Originally Posted by DangerousDanR
The issue I have is that I paid for express shipping, and when the package was delayed they didn't do a damned thing to get DHL to get the lead out. It had cleared customs and the tracking info showed it 200 miles away.
Things happen. Packages get delayed. But not trying to help in that situation is bad customer service. Bad customer service is a deal breaker.
This ^^^. It has been 48 hours, and they have yet to reply to my email regarding incorrect specifications of the products listed on their website, which makes it uncertain as to what products I will receive. I do not also think they will ever reply to emails of prospective customers.

I would rather pay that $3 that I would apparently save (with all the downsides of ordering from this online seller) on a bike tire that will last me a year to sellers with a good and upbeat attitude. Heck, even the small local guys who sell on eBay reply to my questions. I support nice people and sellers with good attitudes, not those with bad attitudes, even if it means I have to pay more $.
Old 01-04-24, 11:34 AM
choddo

Liked 480 Times in 357 Posts
I always expect to pay more, and am happy to, for better service. Not sure this is controversial.
Old 01-05-24, 07:38 AM
eduskator

Originally Posted by crazyravr
how can you even think about comparing these two lol
You might as well say that you prefer amazon because they can ship food and a tv to your door and BikeInn does not lol
For anyone "sane" its a great option and everything is cheaper than I can find locally.
OP's a troll that has too much free time ahead of him. That's what's going on.

Whining because he didn't get a reply from a huge company 48h after sending an email, wow.