Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Help needed on new Ebike - HITWAY BK29

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Help needed on new Ebike - HITWAY BK29

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-24, 01:17 PM
GeneralEskay

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Help needed on new Ebike - HITWAY BK29

Hi All

Thanks for reading this, can somebody help me i bought the hitway BK29 and i didn't get a user manual so i was wondering if somebody can explain the gears and how it works with the electric bike for example

Gear 1 - What is it?

Gear 2 - What function is it?

Also how do i unlock the speed ive checked other posts and website i cant seem to get a solution is it a matter of pressing POWER ON, + & - together then going to PO8 and changing it to 67? will this then allow me to go higher than the standard 3 electric assist controls current i can only go to PA3 with my weight i only do 17mph top speed with the electric assist.

Does anybody have a list of the meaning of the PO1-PO21 guide that would be really helpful, lastly im awaiting delivery of a throttle with the pure electric mode what would be the top speed out of curiosity?

Thanks to anybody reading i appreciate any help please as a newbie to ebikes.

Just a generic questions would you say this in your opinion is a good Ebike or would you recommend other best suited for people like me who are 105kg i understand theres lots more better and expensive but just generally design wise would be good to know your thoughts

Bike in question is the HITWAY BK29
Old 05-18-24, 07:37 PM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Liked 852 Times in 644 Posts
The Chinese seem to have great equipment to manufacture bikes and assorted components, so this should ride adequately for you. Usually pressing the + & - buttons on the display simultaneously will open the menu for you and you'll be able to set the parameters for Metric or English, top speed etc. If you can't locate a manual, you'll need to just "hunt and peck". These bikes are made of lesser grade components than bike shop units, but function adequately. Some individuals (who may or not own or work in a bike shop) denigrate them, but there are millions of individuals who disagree. When you have 10 posts, you can provide pictures of the display and we'll be of more assistance. Considering the power reported by their website, the bike should go about 28 mph with a 170 pound rider, flat terrain and no wind IMO.

Last edited by 2old; 05-18-24 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-19-24, 10:26 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3122 Post(s)
Liked 6,770 Times in 3,874 Posts
Here's a link to the German language user manual. Run it through Google Translate and you should be all set.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81EywXQbgoL.pdf

Old 05-21-24, 07:38 AM
Doc_Wui

Bikes: GT Transeo & a half dozen ebike conversions.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 283 Times in 198 Posts
There are different versions for the Bk29. Some are 36V and others are 48V. In my experience with different 500W hub motor bikes, a 36V model will have a max speed of 18-20 mph, and the same motor with 48V approached 24 mph.Any speed limiter function will override that. You didn't mention your country, but in the Euro countries. 16 mph is usually a pre-set limit.

For a better accelerating bike, switch to smooth tread smaller width tires and use alloy rims if the current ones are steel. Use a magnet to check the rims.Also put on a gear cluster with a smallest gear at 11 teeth for more speed. Switch the front crank gear to a 52 teeth chain ring. Of course, this can add a lot of expense while the BK29 is a low cost bike.

It's probably not advisable to srek higher speed on your BK20, as the brakes were intended for a 25 km/hour max soeed. I tend to be cavalier about my own brakes since I cruise at 20 km/hour.