Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Pacific Northwest
Reload this Page >

Pacific Nor'westers - Log in Here

Search
Notices
Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Alaska

Pacific Nor'westers - Log in Here

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-06, 01:43 AM
joshm
drunken ass

Bikes: davidson track bike, cecil walker track bike, conversion fixie polo bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
portland oregon.
i break the law and ride a track bike.
Old 01-04-07, 08:26 PM
mmkrockaway

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tumwater, Washington. Recreational rider, sometimes commuter, Giant Suede-E power assisted bike.
Old 01-08-07, 11:30 AM
GaryA

Bikes: Gary Fischer mtb, Specialized Allez, Cannondale Jekyl, Trek 8700, Motobecane Sprint (just ordered)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im currently out in Canby which is 25'ish miles South of Portland where I work. I bike commute as often as I can and plan on trying to do even more this year. However, my bike commute I would guess is not the usual since I have to drive part way to reach a location that is safe to ride from. Park and ride has a little different meaning for me.

Looking forward to getting in some rides with either a PDX club or the Salem club this year.
Old 01-08-07, 12:14 PM
dtrain
L-I-V-I-N

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GaryA
Im currently out in Canby which is 25'ish miles South of Portland where I work. I bike commute as often as I can and plan on trying to do even more this year. However, my bike commute I would guess is not the usual since I have to drive part way to reach a location that is safe to ride from. Park and ride has a little different meaning for me.

Looking forward to getting in some rides with either a PDX club or the Salem club this year.

Welcome, Gary. There's a great ride from your backdoor...the Portland Wheelmen hold their Spring Century (with a 68-mile 'metric' option) around the first weekend in June starting at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds. The Salem rides I've been on are also a lot of fun (and very reasonably priced). The 'Monster Cookie Metric' is the last Sunday in April.

'14 carbon Synapse - '12 CAAD 10 5 - '99 Gary Fisher Big Sur
Old 01-08-07, 12:56 PM
GaryA

Bikes: Gary Fischer mtb, Specialized Allez, Cannondale Jekyl, Trek 8700, Motobecane Sprint (just ordered)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the welcome. I grew up on Wilsonville and still can not believe how that town has changed. I will look into those rides. Right now Im just trying to stick to my resolution of riding more. Im shooting for an hour a night on the trainer min. and I have a nice 15 mile loop close to my house that I am trying to do weather permitting on the weekend.

Sounds like we need to gather a group and do a bike forum ride sometime.
Old 01-08-07, 04:44 PM
dtrain
L-I-V-I-N

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GaryA
Sounds like we need to gather a group and do a bike forum ride sometime.
We got a lot of those in last season; watch for 'Portland Roadies' threads either here or in the 'Road' forums.

'14 carbon Synapse - '12 CAAD 10 5 - '99 Gary Fisher Big Sur
Old 01-08-07, 04:45 PM
GaryA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Will do thanks for the info.
Old 01-14-07, 05:51 PM
JRider
Small Member

Bikes: '03 Lemond Zurich, '85 Viner Special Professional, '89 Bianchi Brava

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Living in NE Portland (close-in), since June '06. Took one ride last summer with Rad but have been absent from the road since the temperature dropped into "instant tears" range. Looking forward to getting out with as many of you as possible come warmer, less-wetter weather. I'll be keeping a watchful eye on the "portland ride" threads to come.
Old 01-15-07, 10:00 PM
Savagewolf
KingoftheMountain wannabe

Bikes: V.O. Pass Hunter & Specialized Hardrock

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm in Salem, Oregon these days.
Old 01-15-07, 11:35 PM
TMT
someday i'll be all big

Bikes: wizwheelz trike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
portland recovery zone

here in N portland 2 days till the DR. might let me back on my trike
Old 01-18-07, 02:14 AM
sestivers
Ono!

Bikes: 2006 Cannondale R800

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just returned to Seattle after living in Japan for two years. I'm living in Fremont, the supposed "center of the universe." I'll likely be commuting to Bainbridge Island for my new job. I plan to ride my bicycle to/onto the ferry.

Anyone ride his bicycle across the metal grate section of the Fremont bridge? How about with a race-ready road bike since that will be what I'm commuting with and it looks a bit scary. I don't plan on commuter-izing my bike for such a short ride and am used to doing this with zero special gear except for lights and tire repair stuff.
Old 01-19-07, 12:35 AM
SR_biker
Avid Bicyclist

Bikes: Mountain Bicycle, saving for Road Bicycle

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Previously Veneta, Oregon, just a bit west of Eugene. Just moved to Ocean Shores, Washington, though, which is on the coast due west from Olympia/Seattle area. Beautiful.

Sincerely,
Stefan
Old 01-19-07, 11:25 AM
bc98155

Bikes: Bike Friday NWT, Novara Randonee, Novara Viaggio, Diamondback Mountain Bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lake Forest Park, WA - about 15 miles North of Seattle at the northwest tip of Lake Washington. I'm located about 1 mile from the Burke Gilman Trail which is where I do most of my riding at present.

BC
Old 01-19-07, 12:13 PM
ngateguy
Center of the Universe

Bikes: Bianchi San Remo, Norvara Intrepid MTB , Softride Solo 700

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sestivers
I just returned to Seattle after living in Japan for two years. I'm living in Fremont, the supposed "center of the universe." I'll likely be commuting to Bainbridge Island for my new job. I plan to ride my bicycle to/onto the ferry.

Anyone ride his bicycle across the metal grate section of the Fremont bridge? How about with a race-ready road bike since that will be what I'm commuting with and it looks a bit scary. I don't plan on commuter-izing my bike for such a short ride and am used to doing this with zero special gear except for lights and tire repair stuff.
I ride across the Fremont Bridge on a daily basis. You do not want to ride on the bridge deck. The sidewalk is a designated bike traill that is the sanest way to cross the bridge. I cannot wail until they are done working on the bridge it will be less of a zoo then.

Fremont is not the center of the Universe I had that title long before they took it
Old 01-19-07, 03:54 PM
khuon
DEADBEEF

Location: Catching his breath alongside a road near Seattle, WA USA

Bikes: 1999 K2 OzM, 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ngateguy
I ride across the Fremont Bridge on a daily basis. You do not want to ride on the bridge deck. The sidewalk is a designated bike traill that is the sanest way to cross the bridge. I cannot wail until they are done working on the bridge it will be less of a zoo then.
What ngateguy said. Although I don't ride it every day, I have ridden it a number of times and used to take the bridge deck. It was a neat challenge to try to outpace the bridge traffic between globs of cars and get across before the next wave caught up to you. Mind you I did ths only in dry fair weather. Yes, by all means take the sidewalk.
Old 01-26-07, 12:50 PM
spideysgirl
Salem, OR

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Salem, OR

Cyndy here, I live in Salem, Oregon, SE, just a bit south of Bush Park.
Old 01-27-07, 10:33 AM
fetch
harrospokes!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Honolulu, Hawaii

we love pot holes here
Old 01-31-07, 10:25 PM
djbrkns

Bikes: Trek Portland, Schwinn Woodlands - a cast off from the attic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Joe, in Portland, east county on the Gresham line.
Old 02-01-07, 04:59 PM
PerpetualMotion

Bikes: Fezzari, Catania

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I live in Spokane, where the Centennial Trail, usually hidden in the trees near the Spokane River, is our best kept secret. That's pretty much where I ride, but am starting to look for different places. Getting out before sunrise is the best.
Old 02-02-07, 10:12 AM
mlh122

Bikes: Trek 4500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vancouver, WA Here
Old 02-04-07, 01:39 AM
Esch

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Right in the middle of Seattle, Belltown. I think I almost spend more time riding around the U district since I work over there, so of course everyone I work with lives in that area.

Just doing my best to ride my new fixed gear into the ground.
Old 02-11-07, 08:00 PM
chillyc
Let 'em Ride

Bikes: Many

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Newberg newbie here - road up Bald Peak this weekend. Great ride and what a view from up there! I can only imagine what it looks like when it is clear blue skies.
Old 02-13-07, 09:36 PM
cohophysh
fishologist

Bikes: Diamondback MTB; Leader 736R

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
35 minutes west of Olympia...out in the sticks...where the cougar just ate a stray dog

1990 Diamond Back MTB
2007 Leader 736R
www.cohocyclist.blogspot.com
https://www.loopd.com/members/cohocyclist/Default.aspx

Old 02-14-07, 06:49 PM
sakura10

Bikes: Jamis 1.0 XC & Peugeot (undetermined thats why I'm joining this site!)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tom here in Vancouver, WA
New to the forum, new to mountain biking. Part-time road bike commuter from West Vancouver to Fishers Landing.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
<2005 Jamis XC 1.0>
<1984 Peugeot PH-10L?> I dunno exactly, I'm still searching the endless peugeot threads in the vintage&classic forum
Old 02-18-07, 12:40 AM
bleckb

Bikes: Look KG 381 Jalabert, Trek Fuel ex7, Soma Doublecross

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New to the forums, but not new to the PNW (bred, born, educated and living). Originally from Seattle, living the high life in Spokane with a detour through Las Vegas and some more education in Pocatello but not in that order.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.