Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Trek 7500...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-07, 10:32 PM
merman2983

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek 7500...

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, and was wondering if anyone could help me out. I just won an auction on Ebay for a Trek Multitrack 7500 for $350 (includes shipping), yet upon investigation I am having doubts as to whether it is a 2005 model, as the description says. I realized that more recent models have a different color scheme, or at least the frames are shinier. This one is plain white. I googled "white trek 7500", and a 1999 model showed up. The seller said all the components were stock, so I did not ask them what they were, since I assumed it was a 2005 model. Anyway, the link is here:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2125&rd=1&rd=1

If this bike is indeed 1999, will $350 have been too much for this nearly decade old bike? I am particularly worried, since this is my first bike, and it was hard enough putting down the money for this.
Thanks for your help.
Old 06-12-07, 11:46 PM
EricDJ
Airborne Titanium

Bikes: Airborne Ti Upright, Raleigh M-20 beater, Peugeot Folding

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That bike sure looks like the 1999 model to me, solid colors are old models. The newer ones had multi colors. Heres a 1999 model picture of a larger frame online. You can call Trek with the serial and they will tell you the year. Also there is some seial decoders online.

https://www.epinions.com/bike-Bicycle...rek_7500__1999

The auction photo looks good, but Unless its really mint $350 may be too much. I would tell the seller of the discrepancy and ask for some dough back maybe.

Last edited by EricDJ; 06-12-07 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-13-07, 12:33 AM
merman2983

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks a lot.. that's what I thought too.. How would this older model compare to newer models, in terms of performance? I'm new to biking, so I don't know if technological advances during this kind of time span would be significant. Also, is a 15 inch frame too small for a 5'7 person? Too big for 5'2? Thanks.